Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Some plants are still green in winter

by LunarBritney

Original Post

Re: Several Plants No Longer Change for the Seasons (Began with September Patch)

★★★ Novice

I am having the same issue. 

Could you please tell me which mod is it that modifies the color of the grass for the winter?

Message 11 of 23 (691 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem. Some bushes and flowery plants will not change with the season anymore. Totally kills immersion when playing in winter. 

Message 12 of 23 (680 Views)

Re: Several Plants No Longer Change for the Seasons (Began with September Patch)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

brielo, that's a personal mod I created for myself, since where I live the grass is more yellowish during the winter. I'd be glad to give it to you, but I think it needs some fixing as I've been having some issues with it in Newcrest.

In reference to earlier posts I hadn't seen before mine got merged (very glad some other people noticed this), yes, there were some plant objects that didn't change with the seasons before the patch messed things up. I have experience modding them, and I can tell you that it is a completely separate issue from this. Many of the objects that previously didn't change with the seasons have a non-plant component to them. Modding them so they will change for the seasons causes the non-plant component to change to a browner color during the winter, too. Sometimes it isn't a big deal. In fact, I have plenty of them modded in my game even with this problem. So they are more complicated than other objects. (However, EA has shown they can do it, just look at the rock formations in the background of the following image, the grass on them changes with the seasons... Or it did. The September patch broke them, too!)

(Another example, which I believe was posted before, was of a hedge with roses that didn't change with the seasons even before the patch. The reason for that is because it's technically a fence. In order for the coding for the plants to change for the seasons to work, the object has to be coded as a plant.)

Here's an example (the lamppost's glass pane over the lightbulb section is normally whiter):

Message 13 of 23 (668 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Well, pine trees and quite a lot of similar trees and bushes which have needles instead of leaves, do stay green in the winter. They don't drop their needles. I agree though that a nice snow cover on top of the green would look good in the winter provided that it has been snowing. Flowering bushes should definitely not keep flowering in the winter unless they grow in a hot climate as a presume they can then. Climate zones matter.

Message 14 of 23 (615 Views)

★★★ Novice

I agree, but you see the evergreen trees and bushes were not that "summer green" before, they did not drop their needles but their color was not this intense either... so it's not like we want something that wasn't in the game before, because it has been there already... and tbh for me it is really annoying that these bushes and trees don't add anything to the "autumn/winter-mood" at all.

Message 15 of 23 (588 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Winter is more than snow. Where I live IRL it very rarely snows. However, several bushes, shrubs, grasses, etc. go dormant for the winter. Sure, there are plants that don't lose their leaves/greenery for the winter, but that's not what is being talked about here. At all. Before the September patch broke it, there were tons of different kinds of plants that became dormant for the winter that are now broke and don't. This is an issue that needs to be fixed. The Sims 4 Seasons is the first Seasons EP that got this right in the entire The Sims series, so to see this in particular randomly break is just a bit frustrating.

TBH, this is the reason I even started playing The Sims 4. I know that's shallow, but Seasons are a big incentive for me to play, and I adore the winter aesthetic in real life. So it was really neat to see EA put the detail in for this game. Please fix this issue so we can have this detail back, EA!

Message 16 of 23 (538 Views)

★★ Guide
I'm also having the same problem, with flowers, bushes not changing their color, and never losing the flowers. This wasn't like that before.
Message 17 of 23 (506 Views)

Hero

Could I get some feedback if this is still happening for some plants or if it's fixed ?

Not 100% about the patch notes.

@LunarBritney @jliu670 @barisaxy @luszaa_sims @NennaRC 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 23 (450 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict I tested it in an old save, some of the ivory was still green but others are looking good now! I'll test it in a new save file as well and let you know.
Message 19 of 23 (436 Views)

Hero
@luszaa_sims That's goo do hear. Progress :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 23 (431 Views)