[ARCHIVED] [S] Outside seasons activity happening inside

by ladygraley

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [S] Outside seasons activity happening inside

★★★★★ Guide

It doesn't look like anyone has *specifically* mentioned this one yet. so:

Sims run for cover from scary weather while already inside.

This happened for the first time in Selvadorada when the Sims ran out of the temple they were exploring and then ran back inside.

On their home lot, one of my Sims was legitimately outside during a thunderstorm and ran inside - but then he got that "run inside" icon three more times when he was already inside and sitting on a workout machine.

Message 11 of 32 (1,764 Views)

Hero

Added the run inside and the raking to the list on the second page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 32 (1,746 Views)

Re: Sim struck by lightning indoors

★ Guide

I have the same problem except mine are the leaf piles.  I raked them in the back yard and they get in my kitchen.  I haven't had winter in my game yet.

I use no mods or CC.

Message 13 of 32 (1,676 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Hi,

The rain effect pass through the dancefloor, it rains inside.

2sv5hkx0qygb.jpg

Message 14 of 32 (2,145 Views)

Hero
I'm guessing that's a different issue. The game probably doesn't consider the dance floors as roofs.

Taggging @BryonyRae if she thinks that's a bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 32 (2,131 Views)

Hero

@GypsyRozLyn do you have the running inside from all Sims or just toddlers ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 32 (2,118 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrictI only noticed the 'run  inside' with the toddler. It is possible the others did it too and I just did not notice - was playing a family of 5 so not easy to keep track of them all.

Message 17 of 32 (2,092 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@crinrict I actually do consider it a bug; I don't see why placing a glass dance floor on a surface should remove that surface.  It should override the surface appearance but not remove the surface altogether, but it looks like that's what is happening currently.  Of course, we now have actual glass roofs to use as skylights instead of the dance floors, but the dance floors are truly flat (we have no flat roofs) and have special lighting effects, so I hate to see us losing the ability to use them as skylights.  

Message 18 of 32 (2,082 Views)

Hero

OK

Guess it's best if you could create a new thread for the glass roofs then @NoahLGP

Sounds more specific then the rest of issues in this thread.

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 32 (2,059 Views)

Re: Sims Slip in Mud Puddles Inside House

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I think my issue is related.

When it’s raining outside all my Sims electronics short out. These electronics are inside the house, with a 2nd story and a roof on the 2nd story. I’ve even gone so far as to extend the roof out 1-2 squares to try and block any rain from getting inside and then put the window roof things over the windows on the exterior, it still happens!

Message 20 of 32 (2,547 Views)