[ARCHIVED] Routing Issues

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [Common] Routing Issues

[ Edited ]

Sims can't change appearance when a mirror is placed over a sink such as bathroom mirrors over pedastal or counter sinks.  The sim will get a routing failure and use a thought bubble to show the sink is in the way.  I have tried this with several lots and sinks and it is always there.

Message 21 of 74 (1,001 Views)

Hero

Thanks. I've noticed that too

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 74 (998 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I've been getting a lot of routing failures. Here are the main instances for me...

- Chopping ingredients for a meal sometimes fails for me too, but I haven't been able to isolate the cause. I'm not convinced it's the single counter thing. 

- When multiple sims try to use the fridge at the same time, the actions immediately cancel out. They don't understand how to queue, even for a couple of sim minutes.

- Sims can't pick up guitars or violins when those instruments are facing the wall.

- And this final one isn't a problem with a specific object, but if a sim tries to talk to someone who is facing the wall (or some other thing that can't be navigated through), they will get a routing failure. The sim being addressed doesn't understand just to turn round. 

Message 23 of 74 (994 Views)

Hero

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 74 (991 Views)

Re: Sims not completing meal prep

★★★★ Novice

Hi, i have had the same problem several times, with more than one free counter.

Win 7

DVD Especial Edition 

No CC, no mods

Message 25 of 74 (978 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi,

While eating, socialing and listening to music sitting on a table with four chairs, sims will keep changing seats if someone gets up or if they start socializing after seating down. For example, two sims sitting side by side on the table would get up and sit on the other side, carrying their plates.

Win 7

DVD Limited Edition

No CC/mods

Message 26 of 74 (975 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sims got stuck in doorways twice.

Windows 8.1, no cc, origin download.

Message 27 of 74 (975 Views)

Bugged interaction because of shelf above stereo.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have a shelf (the immaculate) above the stereo and the sims cannot upgrade it, repair it, or even dance because the shelf is above. I can understand not being able to repair or upgrade, although I think it should, but not being able to dance!?

http://tinypic.com/r/2niqgr8/8

Message 28 of 74 (971 Views)

RattlesnakeJuice Bar Routing from sidewalk onto lot upon arrival.

Tested on Vanilla Game

You cannot enter the Rattlesnake Juice bar directly from the sidewalk you arrive on.  Sims will always run to the side of the lot and then jog back along the fence.  I have tried to make them walk direclty onto the lot by usind the "go here" command but they still run to the side of the lot and enter.  It is as if there is an invisible wall along the entire sidewalk on the front of the lot.  Also, the parking lot in the back of the building is set as the front of the lot.  I tried placing a residential building there and it was facing the parking lot with the mailbox at the back.

It's not a matter of setting the front of the lot however.  I have tested other community lots and you can still cross onto the lot from the back of the lot.  The Rattlesnake Juice bar clearly has an invisible blockage across the sidewalk and sims can't cross it so they run to the side of the lot.  Its really driving me nuts to see that when I arrive with a large group of people.

Message 29 of 74 (967 Views)

@RyckRainthrottle wrote:

Sims can't change appearance when a mirror is placed over a sink such as bathroom mirrors over pedastal or counter sinks.  The sim will get a routing failure and use a thought bubble to show the sink is in the way.  I have tried this with several lots and sinks and it is always there.

I discovered that if there is empty space on at least on side of a pedastal sink they will walk to the side of the sink and can use the mirror.  If however the sink is in a counter or the pedastal sink is surrounded on each side by a shower, toilet , etc, they will get a routing failure as the cannot interact with the mirror head on from the front of the sink.

Message 30 of 74 (966 Views)