Re: [TO MERGE] Indoor lighting changes whites into dark greys!

by CiTob1899

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Shadow Movement Bug

★★★★ Novice
Oh I never seen this, I’m probably late to the question but with or without mods or cc the sun still has no effect on sims indoors in front of windows neither does it have any natural effect on them outdoors.
Message 251 of 260 (2,055 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Problems with Lighting in TS4

★★★ Apprentice
Are there any fixes for the half wall trims lighting (incorrect colors)???
Message 252 of 260 (2,016 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Vulnnn What are your graphics settings in the game?  I see the effect of the sun on the sims in my game, both inside and outside...  My graphics settings are set to the highest available setting fyi.

Message 253 of 260 (1,969 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@wilcat74 Not yet.

Message 254 of 260 (1,968 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I play on highest setting and no matter the setting the sun coming through windows or sky light only affects objects and not the sims, including outside the sun doesn’t effect the sims it’s like the sims have their own separate lighting.
Message 255 of 260 (1,950 Views)

Re: lighting doesn't show color change, when placed outside, in daytime

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

It seems like I noticed the issue of lights not turning on when the room is dim during certain times as far back as Seasons. And even if I do manage to turn on a light before  8pm, it doesn't always light up a room. 

ETA: I may be misremembering.  Since the December patch I've noticed missing ceilings in some rooms when I was sure I had built them. Putting the ceilings back in seems to fix the lighting issue. Only time it didn't work was with the Hare and Hedgehog café in Windenburg so far. 

Message 256 of 260 (1,763 Views)

Re: lighting doesn't show color change, when placed outside, in daytime

Hero (Retired)

@SimTresa this particular thread is archived, so if you do encounter a lighting issue (or any other type of build/buy issue), it's best to look at our current index here, and if it's not listed, create a new post.  As far as auto lights go, we do not have a current known bug with them.  When it comes to missing ceilings, this thread may describe what you're experiencing.

Message 257 of 260 (1,727 Views)

★ Guide

I've found that having a Sim adjust the lighting hue to "Cool White" or "Warm White" resolves just about all of those issues. Since I'm partially colorblind, I have to set it on the starkest contrast possible anyway.

If you're having serious issues with room darkness, you might have issues with your video card. I had that problem with my last PC and The Sims 3 right before it died completely. The issues are gone now that I'm playing on a better PC.

Message 258 of 260 (1,699 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflora So this has happened before and they haven’t fixed this issue since.

Message 259 of 260 (1,525 Views)

Community Manager

@CiTob1899 

This post is originally from 2015 and due to the discussion capping out in 2018 we're going to lock the post down. Feel free to create a new post and reference this one in it if needed so we can avoid necroposting.

• Don't "necropost." Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old for example.

AHQ Rules & Guidelines

Blueberry.png
Message 260 of 260 (1,519 Views)