[OPEN] Corner Counters and Cabinets will not auto place on diagonals

by BryonyRae

Original Post

[ARCHIVED] Problems with Diagonals in Build/Buy

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

We have several different issues with building on a diagonal.  I would like to keep a compiled list of them here.

1. Graphics Glitch - Diagonal Pool intersecting with foundation - part of pool edge sticks out and cannot be painted.

poolintfound.jpg

2. Graphics Glitch - Diagonal Roof pieces do not intersect cleanly on upper levels.

diaghippedwrong.jpg

3. Graphics Glitch - Curved Diagonal Roof intersecting with Regular Roof

morediag1.png

4. Corner Counters and Cabinets will not auto place on diagonals

diagcounters1.jpg

diagcabinets1.jpg

5. Messy joins where diagonal walls/half walls/fence meet diagonal rooms below them:

tribad.jpg

6. Some windows clip through walls when placed at a diagonal that intersects a wall.  This is what the clipping looks like:

cwin.jpg

Here is an overhead shot of the structure and window placement:

cwinoh.jpg

Windows that create the clipping effect include the Shantilly Framed Windows and the Look At All This Stuff window (any window that has a good sized frame could cause the effect).

7. Half walls do not join walls or half walls of a different heights seamlessly on a diagonal.  This problem occurs when both pieces are diagonal and on some occasions where one piece is on a horizontal:

diagseams1.jpgdiagseams2.jpg

Message 13 of 18 (4,892 Views)

[OPEN] Intersecting Roofs Graphics Glitch

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

When intersecting roofs, the diagonal half gabled roof does not meet the regular hipped roof cleanly if you curve the diagonal roof.  Gaps will be displayed in the hipped roof.  Here is an image showing the roofs looking normal before curving the diagonal half gabled roof, and here is an image showing the glitch after the diagonal half gabled roof has been curved.  Note that the hipped roof has been flattened (in both cases).  Also note that this glitch does not occur when working with the regular half gabled roof and the diagonal hipped roof.

Message 1 of 18 (4,997 Views)

[OPEN] Corner Counters and Cabinets will not auto place on diagonals

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

When decorating in a square room, with auto counters and cabinets turned on, the game will automatically place a corner cabinet or corner counter as expected.  However, if you decorate in a diagonal room, the game will not automatically enable and place the correct pieces.  See images here and here.

Message 2 of 18 (5,053 Views)

Re: Intersecting Roofs Graphics Glitch

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 18 (4,994 Views)

Re: Corner Counters and Cabinets will not auto place on diagonals

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 18 (5,048 Views)

[OPEN] Graphics Glitch - Diagonal Pool and Foundation

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

If you create a diagonal pool that intersects foundation, the part of the pool which intersects can't be painted and sticks out. this occurs when using a thinner foundation, like Firmament Foundation. Thicker foundations cover the glitch.  See image of problem here.

Message 5 of 18 (4,969 Views)

Re: Graphics Glitch - Diagonal Pool and Foundation

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 18 (4,964 Views)

[OPEN] Graphics Glitch - Diagonal Roofs Intersection Problem

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Diagonal roofs intersecting other roofing do not cut off cleanly on upper levels or ground, but they are fine on the 1st level. Here is a shot of how they intersect on the roof of the 1st floor, which is what I would expect: image here.  That image showed the hipped roof, but the issue is common to all roof types. Here's an image of the half hipped roof, also looking as I'd expect: image here.  But here's how they look on upper levels or the ground: image here and image here.

Message 7 of 18 (5,135 Views)

Re: Graphics Glitch - Diagonal Roofs Intersection Problem

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 18 (5,126 Views)

Re: Graphics Glitch - Diagonal Roofs Intersection Problem

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Still an issue as of the 9/24/15 patch

Message 9 of 18 (5,111 Views)