Re: [OPEN] Power shut off despite paid bills/ shut off to early

by SimQARobo

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

Something new to add to what we know about this bug. I decided to move one of my families to a new apartment because I got tired of dealing with the constant power outages. I kept their furniture, and I discovered that none of their lights worked on the new lot. When I deleted the lights and replaced them with new lights, the lights worked in the new apartment. I thought this trick might fix the problem in the other apartments, so I switched to play one of the other households still left in the Culpepper Apartments. I deleted all the lights in the apartment and replaced them, but when I switched back to live mode they still had no power. 

Message 71 of 84 (1,828 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This game breaking bug has ruined my game as well.  I am trying to repair files, but this is frustrating.  I misclicked on the squirrels question and now my toddler is crying that it's too cold inside because there is no power.  SO MUCH FUN.

Message 72 of 84 (1,817 Views)

★ Novice

I deleted my mailbox and bought a new one and I think that fixed this issue

Message 73 of 84 (1,811 Views)

★★ Apprentice

To continue to add to what I have discovered on this issue: I thought I might be able to "reset" the lots if I evicted my families and replaced my apartments with the original versions, which I saved to the gallery. When I first moved my families back in, their lights were on, and I thought I may have solved the issue, but they left the lot and came back to no power. I think these power outages are permanently attached tot he lot in some way. 

Would love to try @PureMemetic 's suggested fix, but you can't delete the mailboxes in apartments and I have never had this problem occur on a non-apartment lot.

Message 74 of 84 (1,789 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Mistakenly clicked on "Prepared?" when I received the squirrels message and my lights would randomly be shut off. Left the lot, came back, still no power. Decided to delete the mailbox and the lights immediately came back on! If I put it back, they'd shut off. Put up a new mailbox and back on again. Will edit if it's not a continued fix.

Message 75 of 84 (1,773 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I can confirm it does happen in non-apartment lots and that it permanently ruins the lot.  Repairing game files did not help.  I did not see the response about mailboxes until after I already rebuilt on a different lot, so I won't be able to test it.

Message 76 of 84 (1,756 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This bug started in my game last night.  I got the phone call from Nancy. No power since then.  I changed all my lights to off grid.  I cannot cook.  I do not have the option to add ice to an off grid fridge. So frustrating. I am going to try the mailbox delete tonight. I hope it works.

Message 77 of 84 (1,723 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I can now confirm that this bug permanently ruins the lot as well. I tried moving out my Sims and moving in a new family. Initially, the lights were on, but when the new family traveled to a community lot and returned to their apartment, the lights were out even though they never received the prank call from the Langraab Power Company themselves. I now have 4 apartments permanently ruined by this bug, which makes me leery of playing any apartment lots or answering my Sims phones, which definitely impacts my gameplay. 

Message 78 of 84 (1,688 Views)

★ Guide

I deleted my mailbox too and the problem was solved.

Message 79 of 84 (1,659 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

The team will be looking into this, but just to make sure there isn't additional confusion here:

The current behavior is that If the bills haven't been paid - 24 Sim hours after the initial warning, the first utility to be shut off is water, then 24 Sim hours after that, the power is shut off.  The notification of the water being shut off occurs at the same time as the notification that you have 24 hours before the power is shut off.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 80 of 84 (1,562 Views)