[ARCHIVED] Player trait doesn't work

by JoxerTM22

Original Post

Re: Player trait doesn't work postpatch 07/09/2015

★★★★ Guide

@crinrict wrote:

Someone else reported the Gym Rat not working either so you think this should be changed to Traits no longer working ?

I don't really have the time to read other forums atm cause of my upcoming break.

Hmmm, dunno, I didn't have really enough time to test things these days (work and stuff). Not sure.

Since you're taking a break (well deserved!) maybe just leave things as they are till you return, but I have to say that the issue with stuck friendship (green line) after town management seems more critical than traits misbehavior.

Message 11 of 55 (1,263 Views)

Re: trait rewards not doing what they say and losing fun super fast [TO ADD]

★★★★ Apprentice

I different sim in another save file has the Never Weary reward trait but now has to sleep just like if she didn't have the trait. It seems to have stopped working as well

Message 12 of 55 (1,258 Views)

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 55 (1,247 Views)

Hero

It seems they all did

Here's another thread on the issue: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Player-trait-doesn-t-work-postpatch-07-09-2015/td-p/... which I have added.

If it's ok with you, I'd like to merge your thread with the other one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 55 (1,254 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Sure thing

Message 15 of 55 (1,246 Views)

★★★ Pro

The mentor rewards trait is also not working as intended.  This is before the 7/28/15 patch.  Sims don't get an extra boost when mentoring Sims while having this trait.

Message 16 of 55 (1,227 Views)

Player Trait

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Since the December 4. 2015 update, the Player Trait no longer works properly.  All the Sims in my household have the Player Trait, and they can be romantically involved with each other with no problems.  However, when one of them has a romantic interaction with an NPC Sim, that Sim takes a HUGE Friendship hit, the Romance Bar remains full, but Friendship gets knocked down a lot.  If my Sim has a romantic interaction with a household Sim in the presence of the NPC Sim, there is no loss of Friendship or Romance between that Sim and the NPC Sim.  This was tested without any Game Mods or CC Outfits.  I did use a cheat to give the NPC the Player Trait, but I also cheated several of the Household Sims to have it as well, so it's not that I used a cheat to give the Player Trait.

Message 17 of 55 (1,215 Views)

Re: Player Trait

Hero

Sorry, I'm unclear on your last sentence. Did you or did you not cheat the trait ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 55 (1,196 Views)

★★★ Guide

I used cheats to give them the trait.  But the issue is the interactions between played Sims and NPC Sims.  It's not a hit in Romance, it's a hit in Friendship, which has never happened (and pretty much makes the Player Trait worthless.  But as I said, my household Sims are fine interacting with each other, but if one interacts romantically with someone not in the household, both take a huge friendship hit.  Even if they have no romantic relationship with the non-played Sim.

Message 19 of 55 (1,193 Views)

Hero

Hi @Ulfric_Grimbrand

seems this was reported before the patch too.

I've merged yours as this is already on the list.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 55 (1,183 Views)