[ARCHIVED] Player trait doesn't work

by JoxerTM22

Original Post

[ARCHIVED] Player trait doesn't work

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Copying partially my post from thesims forum:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/13852507/#Comment_13852507

Player trait is bugged. Sim who has that trait gets jealous then sad if their spouse/whatnontromantic flirts with something.
Regardless of the size of green and pink lines.

Anyway, that shouldn't happen. This is what Player trait should do.

This trait will avoid other Sims getting jealous, so you can have relationships with a number of Sims at once without issue.

It just doesn't work. Both of my sims have that trait, but this happens if one flirts some random sim:

http://s10.postimg.org/8agy9wwvd/pic2.jpg

Note that none of these traits you see on the screenshot were cheated or modded in.
The game I'm playing uses only no fat/no muscle mod. I can remove it and see if it's the cause, but I seriously doubt that, honestly. Wink

The bug can be reproduced easily.

Message 1 of 55 (8,687 Views)

Re: Player trait doesn't work postpatch 07/09/2015

Hero

Not sure but could this issue be the same as yours: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Jealousy-too-sensitive/td-p/4666764/ ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 55 (8,625 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

No it's definetly not the same issue.

The issue in that other thread is nohow Player trait related. The case in that other thread is about oversensitive jealousy regardless of traits.

The Player trait should stop jealousy no matter of jealousy sensitiveness. But it doesn't.

Message 3 of 55 (8,613 Views)

trait rewards not doing what they say and losing fun super fast

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice
  • No MODs
  • NoCC
  • New game created just for playing Spa Day and Patio Stuff
  • PC Windows 7

right off I don't know the details of my computer, but other than game play issues, the sims 4 (and 3) runs like a dream.

I bought Spa Day and Perfect Patio Stuff only a day apart and I do not know for sure which is causing the problem but I did not notice anything wrong during the 20 minutes I played after PPS but before SD was installed.

My sims trait rewards, specifically Gym Rat no longer do as they say. My sim loses hygiene and fun while working out.

My sim is always tense because it is impossible to keep her fun bar filled.  It seems to be stuck decreasing at 3x the normal speed. She will go from happy to tense in the time it takes to eat a meal.

Thank you for your time

Message 4 of 55 (8,547 Views)

Hero

But it could be the same root cause.

Do you not see over-sensitive jealousy in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 55 (8,603 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

My Sims have all lost their reward traits as well. It's very irritating to go through all that work to complete an aspiration just to have the trait broken.

Message 6 of 55 (8,595 Views)

Hero

@MandyMooey Unsure how that is related to this bug @JoxerTM22 has ? Please explain ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 55 (8,588 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

My Sims aspiration reward traits don't work anymore. My Beloved Sim's friendships are degrading. And I just finished Painter Extraordinaire and the game never gave my Sim the option to paint emotional paintings. The rewards I bought with their points from the rewards store are also not working. My Sim has Never Weary and still becomes tired at the normal rate and my Loner Sim has Independent and Social still degrades at normal rate. Therefore the Rewards, both Aspiration and Store-bought, are not working correctly anymore.

Message 8 of 55 (8,582 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@crinrict wrote:

But it could be the same root cause.

Do you not see over-sensitive jealousy in your game ?

Same cause, not really.

I'm supposed not to see jealousy at all. Sensitive, nonsensitive, lessensitive, doesn't matter, the trait is supposed to nullify it regardless of it's intensity.

However, check other new bugreports, seems that the patch broke several traits if not all. Not only in a way traits don't work, but also bonuses from nonexisting traits seem to apply on sims who don't have them. Like something caused traits to shift.

Here's one such issue not reported on EA answers yet (waiting for kremesch's input), sims with no Shrewd trait enjoy it's bonus:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/844545/interest-earned-from-investing-this-week

Message 9 of 55 (8,571 Views)

Hero

Someone else reported the Gym Rat not working either so you think this should be changed to Traits no longer working ?

I don't really have the time to read other forums atm cause of my upcoming break.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 55 (8,560 Views)