Re: [OPEN] Player trait doesn't work

by Valentria

Original Post

★★ Novice

This is happening to me as well. I bought the game 2 days ago after avoiding it for all this time because I don't trust EA. Now I see that this has been a known bug for 2 months and there's no word on any fix happening...

Message 31 of 55 (3,471 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It figures. I don't know why, but it seems like a lot of developers nowadays are in such a rush to release stuff, that us gamers are forced to pay up and suffer the consequences, no matter how buggy and broken the games are. I blame it on the video game industry heading in the wrong direction, I've had so many problems with so many games.

Message 32 of 55 (3,448 Views)

★★ Novice

This has been bugging me for a long time, so I've been testing different scenarios.  If all my Sims in my household have the Player trait, they can do anything they want with each other and do not generate jealousy or sadness.  If I create another household and they all get the Player trait, same thing.  Now, if any members of these two households get together, in theory, no one should get jealous of any romantic interactions, since they all have the trait.

However, when romantic gestures are initiated or reciprocated by the guest sims, it seems their Player trait is not being recognized.  My active household sims get jealous if they had a romantic relationship with that guest.  Then, it seems that once that guest sim's Player trait is "broken", it doesn't work any more, even when I play that sim's household, 

Message 33 of 55 (3,423 Views)

Hero

That's good information, thanks

I couldn't duplicate the issue in my own game but I only have one active Sim with the trait. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 34 of 55 (3,413 Views)

★ Guide

Hi, rosemow from The Sims Forums has directed me to this thread here. I've did a test to see if Player works when more than 1 Sim has Player (similar to an issue where Beloved doesn't work should more than 1 Sim unlock the trait) and neither Sim got Jealous. My results are in this thread. However, there's another issue that was reported by @Valentria which is that the NPC/non-active Sim's Player doesn't work.

No Sim has Player by default so one would have to complete the Serial Romantic Aspiration with one Household and then play a different Household. I don't know if TS4 lets you save existing Households (similar to saving Sims to the Library in TS3) as this could be helpful to test the behavior (assuming the Sims have Player) without using cheats to complete the Serial Romantic Aspiration although I do use cheats for testing purposes such as this glitch.

Message 35 of 55 (3,354 Views)

★★★ Guide

It's been a while, and still having this issue .... @crinrict any updates, info?  Have you been able to duplicate this?

Message 36 of 55 (3,201 Views)

Hero

Seems it only happens to second Sim just like the beloved trait issue.

And no, I don't have any updates.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 37 of 55 (3,198 Views)

Hero

• Sims with the Player trait will no longer see their relationship decrease with other nearby Sims, when performing romantic socials.

This should be fixed in Patch 1.24.102

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 38 of 55 (3,166 Views)

★★★ Guide

It isn't.  Almost, but no cigar .... Romantic flirtation, passionate kiss no reaction, woohoo, a friendship hit for everyone ...  Tested with all mods removed, including CC / Recolors.  The friendship hit doesn't seem to be as bad (20 point loss instead of 40), but still bad ..... bummer .. I think they needed a little more testing on the trait to declare fixed.

Message 39 of 55 (3,146 Views)

★★★ Guide

Correction, it is NOT fixed at all.  New game, no mods at all, deleted the Sims 4 folder and let it reset everything.  Yes, I used cheats to get the player trait and charisma 10

aspirations.complete_current_milestone

stats.set_skill_level Major_Charisma 10

No romance hits, friendship hits .... not resolved, please reopen.

Message 40 of 55 (3,131 Views)