by EA_Solaire

Original Post

[ARCHIVED] [PS4] No trick or treat options showing up in interactions

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? newest version just updated
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? seasons, get famous, city living and pets
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? During the halloween holiday tradition, some kids/teens showed up and knocked on my door. However when I try to press the trick or treaters sim, the “Trick or treat” option does not occur in the interactions
What happens when the bug occurs? I’ve searched for it carefully and continuously but I still can find the trick or treat options. I’ve already greeted them but still.
What do you expect to see? the interaction option occurs so that I could complete the tradition goals.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Do I have to interact with trick or treaters first in order for the option to come up?

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 10 (5,581 Views)

Re: No trick or treat options showing up in interactions

Hero
@celiboy77 Sounds like this issue that was fixed for PC/Mac already: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-S-No-Trick-or-Treating-during-holiday/m-p/8284552

Is that what you're seeing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (5,530 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@celiboy77Normally you would see "Trick" and "Treat" dialog options as soon as they knock on your door. No greeting or other dialog options should be required first. This has been working fine for me since the Nov. 12 patch for PC. I'm not 100% sure for XBox and PS4 but the patch release notes show this was fixed for consoles on Dec.5.

Message 3 of 10 (5,511 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@crinrict, in my game, this does seem like the issue fixed in the PC patch.

Product:
The Sims 4

Platform: PS4

Which language are you playing the game in? English

How often does the bug occur?

100%

What is your current game version number?

1.21.40.3400 (64 bit)

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?

EXPANSION: Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Island Living, Discover University

GAME: Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic

STUFF: Moschino, Bowling Night, Vintage Glamour, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party, Laundry Day, Backyard

FREE: Holiday Celebration, Ghoulish Guitar

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?

Create a holiday with a trick or treat option. Click on teen or child sim who arrives and there is not a trick-or-treat interaction available.

What happens when the bug occurs?

During a holiday with a trick or treat event, there is not a trick or treat interaction with teen or child sims that knock on the door.

What do you expect to see?

I expect sims to see a trick or treat interaction with teen or child sims that knock on the door during a holiday with this event.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, this issue is on console (PS4).

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?

Unknown

Message 4 of 10 (5,457 Views)

Re: [PS4] No trick or treat options showing up in interactions

[ Edited ]

My Sim children tried to go trick or treating but the options don't show up either. No Sims came at all to trick or treat at my house and I didn't see anyone else other than my family in costumes.

This is after the patch. I always seem to get the bugs after I've gotten the patch that was meant to fix them.

Message 5 of 10 (5,435 Views)

Hero
@BumblingJuicebox Please create your own new thread if you're on PC/Mac.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (5,419 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The same thing happens for me as well, but only for children and toddlers. Teens and up all have the interaction. I think it might be because they're too young to answer the door? idk. its weird.

Message 7 of 10 (4,998 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@kaylalathan yes im also experiencing the same thing. My adult sims can do trick or treating but then the interaction didnt appear for my child sims even though the stranger who knocked on my door is a child too. Just wondering are you playing it on pc or console??? Because idk why but it looks like that this type of bug is not an issue for pc players.

Message 8 of 10 (4,867 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@celiboy772022 and still happening ! PS console player and I just did my first Halloween holiday and could not do the trick or treat interaction with the trick or treaters so the activity never completed. This was true for both child and teen sims

Message 9 of 10 (1,095 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all,

As this report is a bit older now, this thread has been locked.

If you're still experieincing this, please create a new bug report so we can look into the issue. Thanks! 

solaire.png

Message 10 of 10 (1,025 Views)