[ARCHIVED] 'Observant' reward trait passed to child?

by Lulzes

Original Post

[ARCHIVED] 'Observant' reward trait passed to child?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I have the Observant trait on my two adult sims. In recent conversations, I've noticed the child now picks up all the traits of those she talks to, whereas  the mother now *sometimes* only picks up one trait at a time. See these screenshots for examples.

This seems very similar to the bugs with the Beloved and Player traits as previously reported

Message 1 of 10 (2,076 Views)

Re: "Observant" reward trait passed to child?

★★★★ Guide

A short question if I may.

You seem to get bugs noone else reported ever and they don't show up in my game at all anywhere.

Did you try with removing mods, reinstalling the game?

Message 2 of 10 (2,067 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@JoxerTM22 wrote:

A short question if I may.

You seem to get bugs noone else reported ever and they don't show up in my game at all anywhere.

Did you try with removing mods, reinstalling the game?

I've played this game a hell of a lot (334 hours) in the short time it's been out, so it doesn't surprise me that I may have uncovered bugs others haven't encountered. I've also min-maxed my sims which seems to be unlike most other players' play style. Judging other people's bug experiences using your own as a benchmark seems to be quite presumptuous, if you don't mind me saying so.

As I stated in a previous reply, most of the reports I've made have been without mods installed, and yes I did re-install the game at one point, although I see that as a last resort rather than a first troubleshooting step. I have only one mod installed now (the de-censor mod).

Message 3 of 10 (2,056 Views)

★★★★ Guide

315 hours on my side.

Just saying... And about minmaxing and doing all sorts of things, I wasn't just watching sims lollygagging trust me:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/787810/achievements-achievements/p1

Yup, only a few I didn't solve yet (baby boom, tripleplay, two pay2win ones).

And during all that time I've never seen most of bugs you're reporting.

I'm using nofat/nomuscle and bodyhair mod. No other potentially dangerous ones like bonus sim in household, polygamy/polyandry or woohooing teens.

Dunno if it's worth mentioning but I've never used any cheat.

In any case, that's why I've suggested game reinstallation.

Message 4 of 10 (2,052 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@JoxerTM22 wrote:

<snip>

And during all that time I've never seen most of bugs you're reporting.

Well, that's the problem with game development, no two players' systems are identical.

I'm aware of your posts on the main forums and the effort you've put into the game. I think it's just inevitable that you won't come across every bug there is, however much you play, simply due to the fact that you can't test every variable. e.g. your style of play seems to be stress testing certain aspects of the game (achievements etc.) whereas I alternate between role-playing and grinding. My main sim started off as a homeless loner, sleeping in the park and crashing on other people's couches. At some point he got to the stage where there wasn't much else to do but buy a house and get a job. Maybe this backwards way of playing has left my game in a relatively unique state, where otherwise hidden bugs have surfaced? I don't know for sure.

Message 5 of 10 (2,048 Views)

Hero

@Lulzes Is this still an issue for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (1,999 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Sorry, haven't played for some time now, couldn't say.

Message 7 of 10 (1,995 Views)

Hero

Ok.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (1,991 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ive been having this issue all these years later

Message 9 of 10 (1,041 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ambopolis This thread is from 2015.

Even if it still is an issue, this thread doesn't use the template so please make a new one

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (1,035 Views)