[ARCHIVED] Objects not giving out emotional aura

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Objects not giving emotional aura

★ Pro

An update to my original bug report.

Since I was in a household with the Rock of Ages stereo I thought I would check to see if maybe the emotional aura was working after the 2/4/16 patch.  It wasn't but as I was getting ready to disable it I noticed the little tool tip indicated the object had to be viewed for the moodlet to work.

I don't have an option to "view" a stereo.  Am I supposed to?  If not, I would say that accounts for the inability of the object to emit its emotional aura and only EA can fix that.

Pic attached.

Message 30 of 58 (1,458 Views)

Hero

Being near it doesn't give aura ? Maybe it's just the text that is off ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 58 (1,447 Views)

★ Pro

No, standing by it does not trigger the energizing aura.  I've had sims in two different households that have this stereo stand by it, listen to music, listen deeply, change stations and even dance.  In short, I've had a sim do every possible action I can with a stereo.  Nothing causes the aura to trigger.  I've left the aura enabled for several days in case it was just slow to emit but that didn't work either.

In the pic showing the text, the stereo is the only object in the room that is supposed to be capable of enabling an aura so I don't have any other object enabled that could be interfering.  In my game, I don't think it is just that the text is off.  If you get a chance to try the object in a game @crinrict and you can make the aura trigger, plmk how you did it.  The only other thing I could think of to try that might work is to have a materialistic sim "admire new possession" but I don't have a sim with that trait in either household.     

Message 32 of 58 (1,441 Views)

Hero

I'll give it a try but it does sound like a bit of an oversight

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 58 (1,436 Views)

★ Pro

I have found another career reward object that doesn't give off an emotional aura, even though it is supposed to do so.  It is the Umber Sink from the culinary career.

Yet again, it appears it isn't coded correctly by EA.  As seen in the pic, when hovering over disable it shows the object needs to be viewed to trigger the aura.  There isn't an option to "view" a sink.

Certainly doesn't make much sense for the game to award career reward objects to help obtain the aura needed for a career when they don't work. 

Message 34 of 58 (1,421 Views)

★ Pro

@greenxen, thank you so much for linking to that thread.  I wasn't playing TS4 then and had not seen it.  It was definitely worth the read.

Well, that's just great.  Not only do the objects not work to emit the auras, the text to give you a clue as to why they may not work is incorrect, too.  This turns into "bugged" objects with "bugged" text, lol. 

Message 35 of 58 (1,390 Views)

Re: [GTW] Objects not giving emotional aura

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

The Up Against the Wall Light doesn't allow you to enable its emotional aura.  It doesn't give one off and the option is missing:

original.png

02-21-16_10-31-30 AM.png

Same issue with the BluScreen 88D Alert Light:

Spoiler

original.png

02-21-16_10-35-56 AM.png

Same issue with the Flying Saucer Table Lamp:

Spoiler

original.png

02-21-16_12-46-03 PM.png

Same issue with the Proceed with Caution Table Light:

Spoiler
original.png

02-21-16_12-48-32 PM.png

Same issue with the Brightest Night Flood Light:

Spoiler
original.png

02-21-16_12-51-05 PM.png

Same issue with the Defeat the Darkness Surgical Light:

Spoiler
original.png

02-21-16_12-53-10 PM.png

Same issue with the Interrogation Illumination:

Spoiler
original.png

02-21-16_12-55-27 PM.png

Same for the Retro, PI Lamp:

Spoiler
original.png

02-21-16_12-57-39 PM.png

Message 36 of 58 (1,422 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Objects not giving emotional aura

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

As reported in another thread (http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Hi-easel-give-focus-now-not-inspired-mood/m-p/500803... the Pre-Owned Painter's Easel gives off a focus moodlet instead of inspired.

This the description of the easel:

original.png

When enabled, my Sims should have a moodlet change because it is has an inspiring level greater than two.  My Sim ends up with the focused moodlet:

02-21-16_11-00-54 AM.png

Message 37 of 58 (1,449 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

The Diligent Doctor's Desk gives off a focused moodlet when two are in the same room. 

The description of the object doesn't state it gives off an emotional aura:

original.png

Each desk gives off an emotional aura of 2.:

original.png

There is no option to enable/disable the emotional aura.

Same for the Out of This World Desktop.  It emits a focused aura of 8.

02-23-16_1-32-47 PM.png

Message 38 of 58 (1,447 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Regarding Career Rewards

@glamafonic @Sentaku @TheR286 @luthienrising  Milton Word Processor reward only has an emotional aura of 2.  Objects need an emotional aura of 3 or more to give a moodlet.  The object works fine in my game when I place two of them.  Have you tried placing two of them in your game?

@nualla_6109 The Stainless Steel Auto Pot has been fixed.  there is no longer an option to enable an emotional aura.

@Lulzes Can you please let me know what energized objects you have in the room?

@TridiannComputer Hard Drive reward only has an emotional aura of 2.  Objects need an emotional aura of 3 or more to give a moodlet.  The object works fine in my game when I place two of them.  Have you tried placing two of them in your game?

@hedgekat It seems like The Sentinel, Astro Model Rocket, Stack of CDs, Hidden Bookcase Door, Door of Perception, and Captain Rodrigo de Pablo Cask have bugs.  The emotional aura in the text which is 2 is wrong or the aura the object is giving off the wrong which is 3.

@greenxen Duffle o' Bag reward only has an emotional aura of 2.  Objects need an emotional aura of 3 or more to give a moodlet.  The object works fine in my game when I place two of them.  Have you tried placing two of them in your game?

Regarding the hover text:  This text appears on all aura objects after you enable them and you hover over the "disable" option.  The objects still give off their respective emotional auras.  It might be a textual error.  You should probably add this to your texual error post.

Nerves of Steel Desk Lamp reward only has an emotional aura of 2.  Objects need an emotional aura of 3 or more to give a moodlet.  The object works fine in my game when I place two of them.  Have you tried placing two of them in your game?

@dolldrms1 Rock of Ages Retro Stereo reward only has an emotional aura of 2.  Objects need an emotional aura of 3 or more to give a moodlet.  The object works fine in my game when I place two of them.  Have you tried placing two of them in your game?

Umber Kitchen Sink reward only has an emotional aura of 2.  Objects need an emotional aura of 3 or more to give a moodlet.  The object works fine in my game when I place two of them.  Have you tried placing two of them in your game?

Message 39 of 58 (1,428 Views)