Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Objects not giving out correct emotional aura

by canelacaliente

Original Post

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Objects not giving out emotional aura

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

According to a picture in this thread: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Can-t-Mold-Clay-Into-Brick-Formation/m-p/507250...

GreenXen's Clay Image

The clay has an emotional aura of 2.  When placed next to the Sim it automatically generates and emotional aura.  This indicates it has a greater emotional aura than 2.  After further testing, I discovered clay sculptures have an emotional aura of 3.  I used a picture from @greenxen thread because the clay sculptures are no longer viable in debug mode.

Collections

The pictures below show the differences in text between the collectibles in the game.  There are three pictures for each and they will follow this pattern:

First Picture - The description of the collectible when you select it in build mode

Second Picture - The description of the collectible when you view it in debug mode

Third Picture - The hoover over text in live mode

Mounted Fish

Spoiler
Mounted Captain Fishbones Bonefish - Build.pngMounted Captain Fishbones Bonefish - Debug.pngMounted Captain Fishbones Bonefish - Live.pngMounted Gummie Gupie - Build.pngMounted Gummie Gupie - Debug.pngMounted Gummie Gupie - Live.png

Microscope Prints

Spoiler
Blemish Blossom - Build.pngBlemish Blossom - Debug.pngBlemish Blossom - Live.pngCell Block - Build.pngCell Block - Debug.pngCell Block - Live.pngCrystal Palace - Build.pngCrystal Palace - Debug.pngCrystal Palace - Live.pngFalling - Build.pngFalling - Debug.pngFalling - Live.pngHooplankton - Build.pngHooplankton - Debug.pngHooplankton - Live.pngLeaf Meat - Build.pngLeaf Meat - Debug.pngLeaf Meat - Live.pngParty In Pink - Build.pngParty In Pink - Debug.pngParty In Pink - Live.pngPsychedelic Rock - Live.pngPyschedelic Rock - Debug.pngPsychedelic Rock - Live.pngRhapsody in Blue - Build.pngRhapsody In Blue - Debug.pngRhapsody In Blue - Live.pngSnow Fight - Build.pngSnow Fight - Debug.pngSnow Fight - Live.pngThe Drifter - Build.pngThe Drifter - Debug.pngThe Drifter - Live.pngTrace Remains - Build.pngTrace Remains - Debug.pngTrace Remains - Debug.png

Space Prints

Spoiler
Animal's Planet - Build.pngAnimal's Planet - Debug.pngAnimal's Planet - Live.pngBattle Stars - Build.pngBattle Stars - Debug.pngBattle Stars - Live.pngBig Star - Build.pngBig Star - Debug.pngBig Star - Live.pngCloudy Vision - Build.pngCloudy Vision - Debug.pngCloudy Vision - Live.pngEnd of Time - Build.pngEnd Of Time - Debug.pngEnd of Time - Live.pngI Dream of Pleisosaur - Build.pngI Dream Of Pleisosaur - Debug.pngI Dream of Pleisosaur - Live.pngOut of This World Style - Build.pngOut Of This World Style - Debug.pngOut of This World Style - Live.pngRosie The Riveting - Build.pngRosie The Riveting - Debug.pngRosie The Riveting - Live.pngSaturn Return - Build.pngSaturn Return - Debug.pngSaturn Return - Live.pngSeeing Red - Build.pngSeeing Red - Debug.pngSeeing Red - Live.pngStandard Space - Build.pngStandard Space - Debug.pngStandard Space - Live.pngStar Crossed Lovers - Build.pngStar Crossed Lovers - Debug.pngStar Crossed Lovers - Live.pngSurfacing - Build.pngSurfacing - Debug.pngSurfacing - Live.pngT-Rex Nebula - Build.pngT-Rex Nebula - Debug.pngT-Rex Nebula - Live.pngTwinkle - Build.pngTwinkle - Debug.pngTwinkle - Live.png

Crystals

Spoiler
Alabaster - Build.pngAlabaster - Debug.pngAlabaster - Live.pngCitrine - Build.pngCitrine - Debug.pngCitrine - Live.pngEmerald - Build.pngEmerald - Debug.pngEmerald - Live.pngFire Opal - Build.pngFire Opal - Debug.pngFire Opal - Live.pngHematite - Build.pngHemitite - Debug.pngHematite - Live.pngJonquilyst - Build.pngJonquilyst - Debug.pngJonquilyst - Live.png
Orange Topaz - Build.pngOrange Topaz - Debug.pngOrange Topaz- Live.pngPeach - Build.pngPeach - Debug.pngPeach - Live.pngQuartz - Build.pngQuartz - Debug.pngQuartz - Live.pngRainborz - Build.pngRainborz - Debug.pngRainborz - Live.pngRose - Build.pngRose - Debug.pngRose - Live.pngRuby - Build.pngRuby - Debug.pngRuby - Live.pngSapphire - Build.pngSapphire - Debug.pngSapphire - Live.pngShinolite - Build.pngShinolite - Debug.pngShinolite - Live.pngSimanite - Build.pngSimanite - Debug.pngSimanite - Live.pngTurquoise - Build.pngTurquoise - Debug.pngTurquoise - Live.png

Message 51 of 58 (1,490 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Objects not giving out correct emotional aura

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

The collectibles I reported on are probably text errors on the object's description in live mode.  I added them to my thread on text errors (http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/canelacaliente-Various-Text-Errors/m-p/5186298/highl...)  to see if I can get a response on these.  All the objects I reported on do give out an emotional aura.  If they fix the errors in the live mode text, then the problem will be rectified and there would no longer be player confusion.  All the text within the game would match.

Message 52 of 58 (1,465 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

This is my latest update in the game.  I didn't want to edit my other post because I want to keep my updates in a format I can follow.

Craftables

Photographs: The photographs in the game are assigned an emotional aura based on Sim that the picture is taken of.  For example, if my Sim takes a picture of a flirty Sim, the picture will have a flirty ambiance.  The auras attached to photographs include (based on what I tested): sad, flirty, angry, focused, confident and playful.   The level of the ambiance is based on the quality of the picture.  Poor:  2  Normal:  4  Outstanding:  6.

This picture shows my Sim is in the room with photographs that have an sadness ambiance and hasn't earned a sad moodlet.  There are several photographs in the room with the same ambiance and no moodlet is earned.  Even if my Sim views the photographs, they still do not get a moodlet from them.

Spoiler

02-25-16_1-57-05 AM.png

This picture shows there is no option to enabled/disable an emotional aura on photographs:

Spoiler

02-25-16_1-56-18 AM.png

Copies of Craftables

When copies of painting and mathematical diagrams are made, the copy is of a less quality and emits a lesser emotional aura but the emotional aura in the description of the painting/diagram has not changed.  (I can't test if photographs are affected because they are bugged and do not give off an emotional aura in the game.)

Spoiler
02-26-16_7-28-38 AM.png02-26-16_7-28-40 AM.png

Collectibles

Crystals:  Nitelite [GTW] currently gives off the correct emotional aura.

Aliens:  The ones I have tested so far don't give off a confident emotional aura.  I will continue to test them and update with more information.

I got a reply back from my other thread (http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/canelacaliente-Various-Text-Errors/m-p/5183010#U5183...).  The differences in the text of the emotional aura levels are not text errors but rather tuning errors.  A simple change of the text won't fix the issue.

@SimGuruRusskii wrote:

That would be something i can forward design to look at, it seems like a tuning issue, not a text issue.
Thanks!

Message 53 of 58 (1,445 Views)

★★★ Pro

@greenxenIt is nice to know someone else is testing this in their game.

Crystals

Have you tried placing two of the crystals that say they have a level 3 emotional aura?  You should get the moodlet then.  Even though you do get the moodlet, they are still wrong.

Emotional Aura System

It isn't really a theory. The SimGurus confirmed that the auras build upon each other and the stronger the aura the more it drowns out other moodlets.  Maybe you can put a thread in the official forums asking the SimGurus to expand the Environment Effects Lesson on emotional auras as well as asking them to fix the various grammar errorsStandard smile

The lesson basically just tells players to experiment.

Spoiler
Screenshot 2016-02-27 11.52.18.pngScreenshot 2016-02-27 11.52.32.pngScreenshot 2016-02-27 11.52.39.png

What I Found From Experimenting

• The auras take up a 9 block space around the Sim. 
  • Sims cannot be affected from the aura when they walk into another room because walls and doorways block the auras.
  • Emotional auras need to be 3 or greater to have an effect
  • If you have an object that is 6 and an object that is 9 with different emotional auras, the object that is 9 is supposed to overpower the object with 6.  Therefore your Sim will take on the emotion of the object that is 9.  For masterpieces, I enabled the emotional masterpiece and a different emotional aura of an object that was 7.  The emotion of the masterpiece did not overtake the emotional aura of the object that was 7 so the emotional aura of the masterpiece has to be 6.
  • If you choose two different emotional auras of the same level, the same will take on the one that is activated first ignoring the one that was activated last.
  • Emotional auras do build upon each other.  Having multiple objects with the same emotional aura builds upon the emotion.
Message 54 of 58 (1,407 Views)

★★★ Pro

I think these are the last of them.  I don't have the other EPs or SPs to test.

Collectibles

Crystals:  The two crystals from GTW give off an emotional aura in the game and work as stated in their description.  No need to add them to the list.

I was able to get diamond and plumbite.  They don't give off the emotional aura as stated in the description.  It has the same problem as the other base game crystals.  Diamond gives off an emotional aura of 3 while blumbite gives off an emotional aura of 2:

Spoiler
02-26-16_12-00-14 PM.png02-27-16_10-00-29 AM.png02-26-16_11-59-51 AM.png
02-26-16_12-00-11 PM.png02-26-16_11-59-58 AM.png

MySims Trophies:  I was able to find Zombie Carl, Goth Boy, and Tobor.  These trophies give off the correct emotional aura.  No need to add to the list.

Aliens:  This doesn't give off the moodlet at all.  No matter what I try I can't get the moodlet.

Shows up with same emotional aura in build, debug, and live mode.

Spoiler
02-26-16_10-54-43 AM.png02-27-16_10-00-32 AM.png02-26-16_10-54-32 AM.png02-26-16_10-54-55 AM.png02-27-16_10-00-35 AM.png02-26-16_9-02-16 AM.png02-29-16_6-35-50 PM.png02-27-16_10-00-37 AM.png02-29-16_6-35-38 PM.png02-29-16_6-36-03 PM.png02-27-16_10-00-34 AM.png02-29-16_6-36-22 PM.png02-29-16_6-36-10 PM.png02-27-16_10-01-07 AM.png02-29-16_6-36-33 PM.png

Also, there is no option to enable/disable the emotional aura:

Spoiler
02-29-16_6-57-15 PM.png

Build Mode Objects

Retail Counters:  I am unable to get the emotional aura as stated in the object's description.  Also, there is no option to enable/disable the emotional aura.

Spoiler
02-29-16_7-04-39 PM.png02-29-16_7-06-44 PM.png02-29-16_7-12-44 PM.png02-29-16_7-12-46 PM.png

Message 55 of 58 (1,398 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

The object below has an emotional aura of 2 in the description but functions like it has an emotional aura of 3.  Only one is needed to get the emotional aura effect:

Spoiler
03-08-16_8-06-35 PM.png03-08-16_8-06-55 PM.png

Gardening

Roses no longer give out a flirty emotional aura

Message 56 of 58 (1,368 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Sims created paintings with emotional auras lose their emotional component when saved in a room or lot to the Library/Gallery.

Painting with aura:

paura1.jpg

Same painting after placing lot it was saved on from Library (also tested with room):

paura2.jpg

Message 57 of 58 (1,290 Views)

Hero

Archiving this thread.

Please use this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Objects-not-giving-out-emotional-aura/m-p/67...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 58 of 58 (1,015 Views)