Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Objects not giving out emotional aura

by canelacaliente

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Objects not giving emotional aura

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Cowplants have no emotional aura in the description but being around more than one gives a Sim a playful emotion. 

02-23-16_12-55-21 PM.png

Each cowplant gives off an emotional aura of 2 even though this is not mentioned in the description.

02-23-16_12-54-27 PM.png

This is my Sim with only one cowplant.  She doesn't have the playful aura:

02-21-16_7-16-35 PM.png

This is her after placing two cowplants.  She has the playful aura:

02-21-16_7-21-11 PM.png

Message 40 of 58 (1,390 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Regarding Collectibles

(For base game only.) 

I also didn't test cloned collectibles and ones bought from a retail lot.  I didn't test elements acquired from the analyzer.  I didn't test metals and crystals that can be obtained from science career co-workers.  I only tested collectibles my Sim found.

MySims Trophies:  I tested most of the MySims trophies.  I discovered all MySims trophies give off a playful emotional aura of 3.  The only one I didn't test is Violet.  All give off the correct emotional aura in my game.

@greenxen

Crystals:  I tested all crystals except Amerthyst and Jet.  I discovered the crystals have either an energizing emotional aura of 2 or 3.  The either the crystals or text description of the crystals are bugged.  The crystals with an emotional aura of 2 in the description are giving off an emotional aura of 3.  The crystals with an emotional aura of 3 in the description are giving off an emotional aura of 2.  The emotional aura in the description and the one the crystals actually give off don't match.

Fish:  I tested all mounted fish execept Wolf Eel, AnglerFish, Batfish, and Piranha.  I discovered all mounted fish give off an emotional aura of 2, 3, or 4.  Mounted fish give the emotional aura but don't have the menu option to enable/disable the aura.  All fish give the aura listed in the description except the Gummy and the "Captain Fishbones" Bonefish.  Both of these fish have an emotional aura of 2 in the description but they give off an emotional aura of 3.  This needs to be fixed.

@Crystal_Talian

Space Prints:  I tested all of the prints in the collection.  I discovered that all space prints are supposed to give off an confident emotional aura of 7.  The following prints actually give off an emotional aura of 2 so you will need more than one of them to benefit from the aura:  Standard Space, I Dream of Pleiosaur, Seeing Red, Star Crossed Lovers, Big Star, Cloudy Vision, Animal Planet, Out of This World, End of Time, Rosie the Riueting.  Surfacing, Bottle Stars, and Twinkle give off an emotional aura of 3.  EA needs to either fix the emotional aura level for these prints or the description.  None of the prints are giving off the correct emotional aura.

Elements:  I tested most of the elements.  I discovered all elements give off a focusing emotional aura of 3.  The only ones I didn't test are Oxypin, Plathium, Cytacoo, and Plumbobus.  All give off the correct emotional aura in my game.

Postcards:  I tested all of the postcards.  I discovered all postcards give off an inspiring emotional aura of 3.  All give off the correct emotional aura in my game.

@pisces_foo

Microscope Prints:  I tested all of the microscopic prints.  I discovered all prints are supposed to give off a focusing emotional aura of 3, 4, 6, or 9.  All of the prints give off an emotional aura of 2 except Leaf Meat and Crystal Place.  These prints are giving off an emotional aura of 3.  None of the prints are giving off the correct emotional aura.

Message 41 of 58 (1,381 Views)

Hero

Thanks for all the testing @canelacaliente

I've merged this into a new collection thread and I'm going to update the first page with all your findings.

Please let me know if I forgot anything.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 58 (1,369 Views)

★★★ Pro

@crinrict wrote:

Misc issues

• Hover text on Enable/disable is off as items generally don't have to be viewed to give off emotional auras (there might be exceptions to the rule)

I just wanted to clarify this better.  It is only the hover text on the disable option that is the issue.  The enable text is just fine.  The hoover text on the disable option is the same for all objects that can have their emotional aura disabled whether they can be viewed or not.  The objects that can be viewed, when disabled, provide an emotional moodlet to the Sim when viewed.  The solution would be to remove the text from objects that can't be viewed or make the text more general so it applies to all objects.  This text does not affect the emotional auras in anyway and this isn't a bug with the emotional auras.  It is a textual error/oversight at the most.

Message 44 of 58 (1,350 Views)

★ Pro

Wow, that clears a lot up!  Good testing with results that should help a lot of us!  Thank you.

No, I most certainly had not tried to duplicate career reward objects in the same room to see if they would then work.  My sims aren't allowed money cheats except under dire circumstances, lol, and are usually too poor to buy a second of most anything.  First and foremost, though, is that for some reason I have been under the impression that if more than one object in a room emits an emotional aura, only one at a time should be enabled.  Thinking it through, that would probably apply only to objects that emit different types of emotional aura. 

Message 45 of 58 (1,349 Views)

Hero

I'll adjust that but I thought they'd also give aura even though not viewed ? So viewing doesn't trigger anything extra ?

I simply ignore the objects in my own game cause I see no advantage in having them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 46 of 58 (1,340 Views)

★★★ Pro

When painting/sculptures are disabled, they give the moodlet when viewed.  When they are enabled, the objects give off the emotional aura.  The paintings/sculptures work correctly.  The issue is the text appears on every object with an emotional aura about it being viewed when it only should appear on paintings and sculptures.  It isn't an issue with the emotional aura, but rather an issue with the text itself.

Message 47 of 58 (1,415 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Regarding Crafts

I didn't copy any of the craft items.  My Sims crafted all the items.  I did use cheats to change the skill level of the Sims so I could get all the levels in the category.  I also used the cheat to give my Sim the trait that lets them paint/craft any emotional painting/sculpture.

Woodworking Sculptures:  I tested all of the sculptures.  The emotional aura of the sculptures is missing from the description of the sculpture.  Okay gives off an emotional aura of 3.  Good gives off an emotional aura of 4.  Excellent gives off an emotional aura of 5.    All give off the emotional aura in my game.

@Win7yesh

Painting:  I did not test each painting.  Instead I tested a okay, good, excellent, and masterpiece for each emotional painting type.  I discovered all emotional paintings give off an inspiring emotional aura of 2, 4, 6, and 9. Masterpieces have the wrong emotional aura.  I also tested mathematical diagrams.    The emotional aura is 9 on the description, but it is actually 6.  Those give off emotional auras of 4, 6.  All give off the emotional aura in my game. 

The best way for the Sim to get the emotional aura is for the Sims to be close to the painting and the painting to be at eye level.  If the painting is too high on the ceiling or if the Sim is too far away, depending on the strength of the painting, the Sim may not benefit from the emotional aura.  Have you tried moving the painting to see if you can get the emotional aura to take effect?

Lump of Clay (kids clay):  I tested all of the clay sculptures.  There are seven emotional sculptures possible and they will either give off the energized, focused, inspired or playful aura.  The aura of the clay sculptures are 3.  It is supposed to be 2.  All give off the emotional aura in my game. 

Message 48 of 58 (1,410 Views)

★★★ Pro

@crinrict

Updates I made on my posts:

Regarding Career Rewards

These Objects Emit an Emotional Aura of 3 when it is Supposed to Be 2:

• The Sentinel
  • Astro Model Rocket
  • Captain Rodrigo de Pablo Cast
  • Stack of CDs
  • Hidden Bookcase Door
  • Door of Perception - forgot to type into original post

The Out of This World Desktop emits an emotional aura of 8 with no option to turn off.  The mention of this aura is not in the object's description.

Regarding Collectibles

These Objects Emit Wrong Emotional Aura

• T-Rex Nebula - emits 3
  • Surfacing - emits -3
  • Bottle Stars - emits 3
  • Twinkle - emits 3
  • Saturn's Return - emits 3
  • Mounted Gummy Fish - emits 3
  • Mounted Bone Fish - emits 3
  • Leaf Meat - emits 3
  • Crystal Place - emits 3
  • Blemish Blossom - emits 2.  I made a mistake and listed it as three on the original post

Regarding Craftables

Lump of Clay has an emotional aura of 3 when crafted into an emotional sculpture

Woodworking Sculpture Levels:  Okay - 3, Good - 4, Excellent - 5

Emotional Masterpieces have an emotional aura of 6 when it is listed as 9 on the description

Message 49 of 58 (1,399 Views)

Hero

@canelacaliente wrote:

Regarding Craftables

Lump of Clay has an emotional aura of 3 when crafted into an emotional sculpture

Woodworking Sculpture Levels:  Okay - 3, Good - 4, Excellent - 5

Is that how it's supposed to be ? I can't really check atm.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 50 of 58 (1,387 Views)