Re: Objects not giving emotional aura

by Deckete

Original Post

The Milton Word Processor is the only aura object my current Sims family owns, but enabling it still doesn't do anything. 

@crinrict wrote:

Merged all the threads in here.

I've ask Grant about this and he said that you should not need to use it for it to work but only the most powerful one does. So if you have more than one object, you need to disable the rest.

https://twitter.com/crinrict/status/515261289937899521

In my own experience it sometimes takes a moment to kick in too.

Sul sul!
I don't work for EA, and I don't do private support.
I do receive products from EA as part of the EA Creator Network.
Have you backed up your Saves? Checked for broken and updated mods/CC?
Message 10 of 58 (2,273 Views)

Hero

I'm not saying that there can't be anything bugged. It IS on the list

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 58 (1,875 Views)

Auras not working?

★★★ Apprentice

Please see this screenshot for my problem.

This is my gym. It's on the opposite corner of a 50x50 lot from my "Inspiration" room (designed for writing, painting, music etc.), which contains all the items with the "Inspired" emotional aura (I have a pretty full collection of unlocked items.) In the screenshot, you can see the gym is equipped with multiple items with the "Energizing" emotional aura - crystals, unlocked lighting parts, a mirror, a couple of awards, even the stereo - and yet my sim still shows an "Inspired" decoration +2 effect. All items have auras enabled. She also took a Brisk Shower and Viewed one of the awards beforehand, giving +2 Energized in total. The nearest competing auras are a few "Playful" items in the reception area in the middle of the house.

Can someone please explain how this is happening?

Message 12 of 58 (1,887 Views)

Re: Auras not working?

★★★★ Guide

All auras work - if your sim can see them.

Put inspiring decor behind a wall.

Message 13 of 58 (1,879 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@JoxerTM22 wrote:

All auras work - if your sim can see them.

Put inspiring decor behind a wall.

Did you even read my post?

The Inspired items are on the other corner of a 50x50 lot. There are at least two walls between my sim and the room that contains them. Plus there are plenty of Energized items within her view.

I've experimented with disabling items in the other room, and there seems to be a threshhold at which point the Energized decor in the room she's in suddenly kicks in.

However this doesn't explain why the numerous Energized items in the same room are being cancelled out by items in a distant room.

The latest mystery is this (screenshot). I had disabled all Confident decor, put all my dead alien collection in household storage, and I was still getting this. Turns out it was The Monolith (level 8 Astronaut award) that was in my front garden. When I disabled it, I suddenly got my Energized auras in the gym. This is a 50x50 lot, the Monolith is at least 35 squares away, with two walls in between.

I'd like a dev answer on this if possible, it's highly frustrating.

Message 14 of 58 (1,876 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I'd like to add that sometimes I notice two people in the same room (e.g. mother playing with daughter at doll house) who are getting different emotional auras from decor. I'll screenshot it if I notice it again.

EDIT: screenshots with descriptions.

Message 15 of 58 (1,864 Views)

★★ Novice

I've had individual rooms lose their auras and they don't work again until I leave and revisit the lot

Message 16 of 58 (1,848 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

In my game it happens too. Only they are with other objects. Anyway, there's more of an object that does not affect the mood of the sims.

Message 17 of 58 (1,840 Views)

Computer Hard Drive doesn't give emotional aura.

★★★★ Novice

I'm assuming it's meant to give a "Focused" aura, but it does nothing at all either from enabling the aura or viewing the object. Other objects work, so it's not universal, just that one.

Message 18 of 58 (1,757 Views)

Re: Computer Hard Drive doesn't give emotional aura.

Hero

@Tridiann Merged

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 58 (1,749 Views)