Re: Emotional Aura not working?

by TheR286

Original Post

[ARCHIVED] Objects not giving out emotional aura

[ Edited ]
Hero

Please report any objects that are not giving out emotional auras in here.

To trigger a moodlet, the aura needs to be at least +3. +2 items don't give out moodlets and you need to enhance them by placing another item that gives the same emotional aura.

I'm listing all of them as reported.

Career Rewards with only +2 emotional Aura (aka not bugged)

• Milton Word Processor
  • Computer Hard Drive reward
  • Duffle o' Bag
  • Rock of Ages Retro Stereo
  • Umber Kitchen Sink
  • Nerves of Steel Desk Lamp
  • Door of Perception

Objects that have discrepancy between aura given and text

• The Sentinel
  • Astro Model Rocket
  • Stack of CDs
  • Hidden Bookcase Door
  • Captain Rodrigo de Pablo Cask
  • Space Prints: Standard Space, I Dream of Pleiosaur, Seeing Red, Star Crossed Lovers, Big Star, Cloudy Vision, Animal Planet, Out of This World, End of Time, Rosie the Riueting. 
  • Crystals
  • Aliens
  • Microscope Prints
  • Gummy and the "Captain Fishbones" Bonefish
  • The Diligent Doctor's Desk --> Gives out aura although there's no option to enable/disable and no hint of it in the text
  • Cow Plant --> Gives out aura although there's no option to enable/disable and no hint of it in the text
  • The Out of This World Desktop -> Gives out aura although there's no option to enable/disable and no hint of it in the text
  • Emotional Masterpieces have an emotional aura of 6 when it is listed as 9 on the description
  • Lump of Clay has an emotional aura of 3 when crafted into an emotional sculpture
  • Retail Counters

Items that are missing enable/disable option

• Up Against the Wall Light
  • BluScreen 88D Alert Light:
  • Mounted Fish --> Does give out aura anyways. Could be by design
  • Flying Saucer Table Lamp
  • Proceed with Caution Table Lamp
  • Brightest Night Flood Light
  • Defeat the Darkness Surgical Light
  • Interrogation Illumination
  • Retro, PI Lamp

Items giving wrong emotion

• Pre-Owned Painter's Easel gives off a focus moodlet instead of inspired.

Misc issues

• Hover text for disabling aura is off for certain items that can't actually be viewed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 58 (6,556 Views)

[OPEN] Objects not giving emotional aura

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

The Milton Word Processor reward for reaching level two of the writing career does not give off an inspirational aura like it's supposed to. I turn the aura on and off, reset the object, sell it and rebuy it. Nothing works. :/

Message 1 of 58 (7,839 Views)

Re: Word Processor Reward

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 58 (7,828 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Concurring with this. Tried similar things and was never able to get the aura from Milton Word Processor.
Message 3 of 58 (7,801 Views)

Hero

Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 58 (7,798 Views)

Emotional Aura not working?

★★★★★ Apprentice

Well, first of all I want to tell that I finished downloading tha game, and that it's great. I haven't ran into any of the issues people have been posting. The game automatically put me in medium-low settings.

So I have this concern:

I made one of my sims browse the SimPedia, and it got him concentrated/centered. I made him paint some Math Diagrams, and then I placed those in the study I built, then enabled the Emotional Aura, it was emiting a Centered/Concentrated 4 Aura, but when I got my Sims inside the studio, even close to the painting, there was no Emotional Decoration moodlet or anything. I had to look at the painting for it to take effect.

Is this a bug or painting emotional auras kick in when you view them?

Message 5 of 58 (7,918 Views)

Re: Emotional Aura not working?

★ Novice

No, it's not supposed to be that way.
It's supposed to give you an automatic mood moodlet depending on the aura (it may take a few seconds for it to appear).
But I'm also having your problem right now - no emotion triggered by aura at all.

Message 6 of 58 (7,830 Views)

Stainless Steel Auto Pot - no aura when enabled

★ Guide

One of the rewards of the Tech Guru career is the Stainless Steel Auto Pot. You can enable an emotional aura on it, but sims doesn't get any mood boost. I have enabled it before making coffee and then had sims make a pot and drink it, hoping the coffee would give them a mood boost, but still nothing. I'm currently playing a legacy family, so there are only a few walls. My sim was standing at the counter by the coffee pot with aura enabled, drinking coffee made after aura was enabled, and still no mood boost.

Message 7 of 58 (7,786 Views)

Re: Stainless Steel Auto Pot - no aura when enabled

★★ Novice

In my observation all objects that give less than 3 emotion decor in a room wont give you that specific emotion buff.

For example the sink from kitchen give 2 inspiring decor, it won't count but if you place another object so that the total will be more than 2, that room will have the emotional aura.

I still don't know whether this is intended or not.

Hope this help.

Message 8 of 58 (7,780 Views)

Re: Objects not giving emotional aura

[ Edited ]
Hero

Merged all the threads in here.

I've ask Grant about this and he said that you should not need to use it for it to work but only the most powerful one does. So if you have more than one object, you need to disable the rest.

In my own experience it sometimes takes a moment to kick in too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 58 (7,769 Views)