[ARCHIVED] [OR] NPC Guests not staying the whole time

by Angieloversims

Original Post

Re: [Outdoor Retreat] Missing NPC sims.

★★ Apprentice

I noticed that I have a friendly option to compliment home as if the cabin was the guest's house

ok for drinks and music, the only way I see to do this, is to bring a portable radio ( can be dragged into personal inventory,) and make a bunch of drinks and store them. really have to plan ahead, just like if you play a b-day at the campsite not at cabin with stove you must ether bring a cake or visit the cabin with stove, ( the tenant get mad at you for using the stove)

Message 11 of 19 (982 Views)

Re: CAMPING: GUESTS ARE MARCHING TO YOUR HOME

★★★★ Novice

I understood the OP and I have the same issue. However I did see one of my guests walking around Granite Falls , but she didn't go back to the house not even to sleep.

Message 12 of 19 (964 Views)

Hero

Last time I played with an NPC they stayed at the house the whole time.

Hoped it was fixed. Guess not.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 19 (961 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict Not fixed. 2 of the 6 NPC sims I brought camping left the lot and never returned. It was a seven days camping trip.

Message 14 of 19 (956 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [OR] NPC Guests not staying the whole time

★ Novice
I have the same problem. I try to invite them back, but there's only an option to call them or text them. When I reload my game, they're still not back. And the sims went back towards their home. ( they are friends with my sim, not a part of the household. )
Message 15 of 19 (932 Views)

★ Guide

I tried yesterday and it's not fixed.

NPC guests only showed at the beginning.Disappointed

Message 16 of 19 (899 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

This problem seems so familiar, but its been around way before GT, I can't even remember if it was around before GTW, but it is really old, but I did find a work around.

The problem is you are taking a NPC to an active lot, where other NPC (townies) are also being randomly assigned by the game to go on vacation.  The game don't know the difference between  the townie that is assigned to the active lot and the townies that are assigned to the vacation neighborhood to make it look more fuller.  These townies draw from the same pull that is used in your neighborhoods, so it is possible to see your neighbors on your retreat.  The townies are compared to go to work or school on those hours whether they are on vacation or not, once school or work is over you have 4 hours to call them up and ask them over before they return home.  The townie is considered a guest in your home and because of that they can't come back on their own.  I have tried this work around and it works.  You just got to remember the townie is in two places vacation and home.  Townies will leave the retreat if they do not have a bed, and just go home.

Edit: This is a work around I haven't tested it since the recent patch as I had no one to test it with at the time.

Disclaimer: This is a work around and I take no responsibility for any lost or damaged sims or game play.

Message 17 of 19 (838 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Still happening

Message 18 of 19 (417 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@imagebear_tommy Please create a new thread as this one is really old and doesn't use the template.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 19 (398 Views)