[ARCHIVED] [OR] Bills are higher when on vacation

by Jan_831

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] [OR] Bills are higher when on vacation

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but when my bills arrive when my Sims are on vacation, they are almost three times more than if my Sims were at home. For example, if my bills at home are $21, 000 if they come when on vacation they are $58,000.  Since we rent the space we use  in Granite Falls it doesn't make sense that the bills would be that much higher.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 23 (4,854 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [OR] Bills are higher when on vacation

[ Edited ]
Hero

This is so old. Doesn't use the template.

Would you mind making a new thread ?

Please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Very-High-Household-Bills-While-On-Vacation/m-p/8243899

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 23 of 23 (1,607 Views)

All Replies

Re: Bills are higher when on vacation

Hero

I thought that was already on the list.

Seems the vacation home is also calculated into the bill.

Added now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 23 (4,786 Views)

bills in vacation mode

★★ Novice

Issue

When on vacation for long periods of time, bills keep coming however they are enormous compared to normal, normal bills, are 2.5k, the first week on vaction and they were 12k, the 2nd week they got to 32k, and the 3rd week they were in the 50k!!!

Steps you took for Issue to occur

went on vaction

Where does the bug occur ?

when on vacation

Mods/CC

none

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs

get to work, outdoor retreat etc

Occurring since

only noticed in my most recent game

Operating system

windows 10 pro x64

Message 3 of 23 (4,710 Views)

Re: [Outdoor Retreat] Bills are higher when on vacation

★★ Novice

I've experienced the same issue. I currently have my Sims residing in Oasis Springs. Within normal game play, my bills are usually between 2,000 - 4,000 simoleons. However, when on vacation my bills have fluctuated to an excessive amount, that being 7,000 simoleons and a whooping 22,000 simoleons. 

I understand that the bills for my vacation lot may be included (that I'm not 100% sure on) but I still find it ridiculously high. I normally stay on the lot (I can't remember the name) without a house because I use my tent and other items. When I have vacationed within a house, I was not there for 99% of the holiday as I was collecting insects therefore no usage should have occurred for the bill.

I'm not sure if this is really an issue/bug or not.

Message 4 of 23 (4,681 Views)

★ Pro

I had clicked "me too" on this thread yesterday but remembered this morning that I had snapped a pic of the bill issue for illustration and thought I would post it.

The sim had only stayed 2 days in Granite Falls using the cheapest camping ground lot and the bills were more than twice what she normally owes.  Bills received while on vacation were $20,204 and as can be seen in the pic, the next set of bills received after her return totaled $8,257.  This makes it difficult to send a sim with the Outdoor Enthusiast aspiration on vacation often without using money cheats and that shouldn't be necessary. 

Message 5 of 23 (4,614 Views)

★★ Guide

The bill for one of my households has exceeded 60k repeatedly and averages nearly 40k so I've made the problem a part of their story. They now spend countless hours hacking Landgraab to recover their money every week. Initially their bills were in the 10k range and once the value rises it never reverts back to the original average.

Message 6 of 23 (4,610 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am being billed for the value of lots when i am on holiday and when I am on public lots as well.

Message 7 of 23 (4,391 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Can I get a save file from anyone encountering this issue? Thanks!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 23 (4,364 Views)

Hero

Tagging @Jan_831 @AndyRMH89 @dolldrms1

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 23 (4,306 Views)

★ Pro

As SGNick often says "We're (In this case, "I'm") investigating this", lol.  Won't bore you with the details but I shot myself in the foot on my first couple of attempts to see if still happening.  Also, since I play rotationally, bills don't always come on a Monday and I haven't gotten bills in OR in my last couple of quick trips.  But, of course, that would happen since I want them Standard smile

I'll either post a save if encountered, or, update if it seems fixed in my game as soon as I can.  What I thought was going to be a quick and simple request to check out just hasn't worked that way.

Message 10 of 23 (4,299 Views)