[ARCHIVED] Multitasking Conversation loop

by SHODAN001

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Multitasking Conversation loop (Freezes game, causes lag, Sims frozen

★ Guide

I, too, have the same issue as the OP.  Sim A is doing something user-directed (usually, but not always something that allows for multi-tasking), Sim B tries to autonomously engage them in a conversation but cannot, usually because they want to sit on the other side of the lot to talk or hug or whatever but Sim A isn't stopping what they're doing like a good little minion.  Now, I have never had the game crash due to this issue, usually because I catch it rather quickly and remove the conversation from Sim A's queue.  It does not seem to happen if both Sim A and Sim B were doing autonomous interactions to start with.

Unlike the OP, I have an ATI card (R390 series, to be exact), so it is not just an NVIDIA problem.  I also have 24 GB RAM and purge it regularly.  My game is also fully updated; also, I really didn't notice this before the Parenthood Pack (I do have the pack so cannot say if it is Pack or Patch related).

Message 41 of 47 (909 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Multitasking Conversation loop (Freezes game, causes lag, Sims frozen

Hero

@Valdesca wrote:

parenthood pack, toddler eat on its sit, mother on beside sited eating and listen radio, when i slect toddler to lesten music game freexe cant save but seems needs decayung while saving screen. is scaring.

Hi @Valdesca

are you using any mods in your game ? Any children doing homework at the time ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 47 (903 Views)

Hero

@NameGani wrote:

I, too, have the same issue as the OP.  Sim A is doing something user-directed (usually, but not always something that allows for multi-tasking), Sim B tries to autonomously engage them in a conversation but cannot, usually because they want to sit on the other side of the lot to talk or hug or whatever but Sim A isn't stopping what they're doing like a good little minion.  Now, I have never had the game crash due to this issue, usually because I catch it rather quickly and remove the conversation from Sim A's queue.  It does not seem to happen if both Sim A and Sim B were doing autonomous interactions to start with.

Unlike the OP, I have an ATI card (R390 series, to be exact), so it is not just an NVIDIA problem.  I also have 24 GB RAM and purge it regularly.  My game is also fully updated; also, I really didn't notice this before the Parenthood Pack (I do have the pack so cannot say if it is Pack or Patch related).

HI @NameGani

any cc or mods in your game ? Do you have lots of stuff in your inventory ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 47 (900 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrict wrote:

any cc or mods in your game ? Do you have lots of stuff in your inventory ?

I generally run with MCCC but have seen the issue occur without it.

New game, not too far in, all of the family's inventory (including refrigerator) is virtually empty, so it is definitely not inventory lag causing it; at least for me.

Message 44 of 47 (891 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

no homework doing, many mod that work perfect and all where updated, plus i have one mod out og game to chek corrupted filed duplicates or bad reads, If i dont use mods i cant play Sims as it is couse are really .. plenty odds, u think maxis had to play some to modders :D

Message 45 of 47 (875 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

The same thing is happening to me. I keep getting 'last exeptions' in my sims folder and it has definitely something to do with the game itself. The only mod I have installed is MCCC, which is recently updated and isn't causing this, since it happend before I installed it. 

When I pause and unpause the game, the game continues normally, but it is very frustrating. 

I have Parenthood, Pets, bowlingnightstuff and vintage glamour stuff installed.

My game version is this by the way:  1.41.42.1020

Message 46 of 47 (751 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@EternalSecrets

Could you please make a new thread with all the exact symptoms you're seeing. I will also need you to remove MCCC and try on vanilla as well.

I'm going to archive this thread as it's become quite a collection of things.

Basically, there should be threads with fill-out template for each freeze issue separately.

Here's a few we already have that can be reused

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 47 of 47 (4,058 Views)