[ARCHIVED] Multitasking Conversation loop

by SHODAN001

Original Post

Re: [GTW] Multitasking Conversation loop bug (Freezes game, causes lag)

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:

Would be worth a try anyways. I couldn't replicate a the time bug either though.

Maybe it's an issue for high-end computers only

Well, I could try creating a clean save without the CC, but if it's a technical issue you'll never be able to recreate it, I can't help but notice that so far those who are reporting the issue are on Nvidia graphics cards.

Do you have an Nvidia card?

Message 21 of 47 (1,405 Views)

Hero

Yes I do but an older one. I have a 550 ti. So far it seems it's more newer/high end cards.

The more info we have on this the better. So everyone should post all their info available.

If it's connected to the time jump bug, EA should be looking into it.

Do you play on a laptop or desktop ? Do you also have the issue where the fan runs really high ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 47 (1,395 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict wrote:

Yes I do but an older one. I have a 550 ti. So far it seems it's more newer/high end cards.

The more info we have on this the better. So everyone should post all their info available.

If it's connected to the time jump bug, EA should be looking into it.

Do you play on a laptop or desktop ? Do you also have the issue where the fan runs really high ?

Personally I think it 'may' be the cause of the time jump bug.

I play on a Desktop PC, but I don't have the fans speed issues, thankfully.

Current bugs I suffer from are as follows:

Jump/Sim Reset Bug (sims will briefly appear in the crucifix pose before continuing whatever they were doing).

Time Jump Bug (A little annoying, usually it's just the counter itself that jumps forwards or backwards, but sometimes it's the sims or their progress bars)

Conversation Loop Bug (The big one, this thing causes no end of problems and has cost me a fair bit of progress, causes either brief  sim freezes, or freezes them completely and if left in that state will progressively slow the game until it crashes completely).

Message 23 of 47 (1,392 Views)

Hero

It might be multiple causes like the map reload issue (for the time bug)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 47 (1,388 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

One additional (although very minor) bug I've encountered, is that if you're using custom music on a radio station in TS4 and disable all of the default music from playing, it doesn't remember it between save games, so if I save, exit and then reload all of the original music is reactivated again.

It's a bit of a nuisance, but hardly game breaking.

Message 25 of 47 (1,382 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Similar issue here with the Multitasking Conversation Loop, or has Multitasking in game changed in general since patch 1.4.114.1010.  Although I have not had any slow downs as of yet but maybe I have not tested it enough.

Example is this:

In 1.4.114.1010 I could sit my sim down in front of a computer and get them to play a game/programme or do anything that required them an amount of time on it.  I could then target a passing sim and queue a Greeting to them.  The targeted sim would then enter the multitasking queue and head to my sim and be greeted by them.  They would then be able to chat to eachother with either the targeted sim standing or by most of the time them sitting down.

In 1.5.139.1020 using the same example above, when I target a passing sim, I'll queue a Greet, but it never goes into the multitasking queue.  The sim will wave, pause for roughly 2 seconds and then proceed on their merry way.

Looking at the patch notes I cant see any mention of multitasking being changed whilst in operation of objects so if this is working as intended it wasn't documented, otherwise I believe its the same bug everyone else here is having or very similar.

Important note though since this is labeled with [GTW].  I only own the original game that's been updated to the latest patch and have tried checking for this bug without any mods installed. 

Also I own a Nvidia GTX 970 but had this GFX card too with the previous working patch.  Still that doesn't count out a GFX issue.  (although I'm highly skeptical of that)

Message 26 of 47 (1,370 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Is this a pre-patch game you're playing ? Someone else was posting something similar and I think they replaced the computers and then it worked again.

EDIT: Removed the GTW since it's a base game issue/Patch 1.5 issue

EDIT EDIT: It also seems that I have forgotten to add this so I did now but I added to technical issues not patch issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 47 (1,366 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Newest patch 1.5.139.1020 going by the executable in the details property of TS4.exe.

After some experiments I found this:

Its rather odd actually as it turns out to be a radius issue added with the new patch.  If an action is queued where the target is too far away (i.e. the 2 feet before the action) the action is ignored and the target just goes on their business.  To test this, I used a completely new character and placed the table/chair and computer outside the house right next to the path the sims walk.  I used the computer and "greeted" a sim as they walked right by me, and I greeted them like normal or previous patches.

As a control, I kept the computer outside the house and tried to greet someone way down the road and the sim just waved and then kept on walking away to the other side of the district.

I'm now unsure if this issue is related to the OP's problem and whether this radius change was intentional or not as nothing is documented on it.  It's just that it seemed very similar to what was initially addressed by the OP when it comes to activites and conversation with sims as all other multitasking things work, like eating and watching TV etc.  Thus why I added it here.

EDIT:-

Gameplay decision making has been made more responsive.

• Posture decision making has been optimized – this would be something like how the Sim decides whether to Sit or Stand.
  • Autonomy decision making has been improved in determining the time it takes for a Sim to decide what to do next.

This is from the latest patch notes, maybe its from this change..

Do you recommend I should add this to the bugs and issues forum on the sims website itself?

Message 28 of 47 (1,351 Views)

Hero

There is a thread somewhere on this computer issue. Try look for it. I don't have the time right now. Try the search bar.

If your computer doesn't lock up doing this, I don't think they're related but I can be wrong of course.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 47 (1,333 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Also just experienced this bug for the first time. Another high end graphics card, Nvadia Titan. Yes sims involved in conversations and I cancelled an interaction and everyone froze except time, no reset worked.
Message 30 of 47 (1,289 Views)