[ARCHIVED] Maid/Gardener stops coming after a few days

by RyckRainthrottle

Original Post

Re: Maid stops coming after a few days

★ Novice

So this is still happening...  maid service is extremely flaky, and most of the time doesn't even work.  Coming up on 3 months since release...  la la la

Message 21 of 91 (2,131 Views)

★ Novice

I bought a toy palomino and had it sitting on a desk.

Maid came in, looked at it for a bit, picked it up, set it down, picked it back up, set it down.

Charged me $82, and left.

What the blue hell?

Anyone even working on this anymore?

Message 22 of 91 (2,119 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When will this bug be fixed?

Message 23 of 91 (1,974 Views)

Hero

That only Maxis knows and they never give ETA of bug fixes

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 91 (1,968 Views)

★ Novice

Another thing that I am pretty sure is related to the maid disappearing is the mail never gets delivered.  Not sure if anyone else posted about the mail anywhere else, but I discovered that after I saved and started back up again the mail would be in the mailbox and the nasty shower would be clean as if the maid and mailman had come by.  That's why I thought it might be related, like it's a bug with scripted visits by recurring service Sims or something.

Message 25 of 91 (1,948 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The exact same thing happens to me too with the mail. Before I would always remember the mailman npc stopping by to drop off bills on Monday, then I noticed Monday passed and no new mail. I'd save the game then reload it on Tuesday and then I'd get a message that my bills were delivered while I was away.

Message 26 of 91 (1,914 Views)

[ Edited ]

I think I figured something out about the maid. If you ever travel, enter build buy mode, etc during a sim day, you will get the message that a maid has cleaned and resets the maid till the next day. Even if you are at home at the expected arrival time of the maid, 10:05 am, the maid won't come if you have traveled recently because the game has reset the maid till the next day. Once you get a message that tells you the maid has cleaned it will be 1-2 sim days before they come again. I found the only time I would consistently get the maid to show up is by staying at home and never traveling or entering buy/build mode. In summary, you may never see the maid if you travel or use buy mode each day as the maid is then reset to the next day and you get the message they have already cleaned. This may or may not be a bug, but it will cause people to think the maid is broken as visiting other lots is constantly resetting the maid to come on the next sim day and perpetually not showing up.

Example.  Leave house at 1am and return at 5am.  Message pops up that maid has cleaned.  At 10:05 am there will be no maid arrival as the has been reset.  Travel again the next evening at midnight and come home  Message appears again that the maid has cleaned and being at home at 10:05 am that morning you will not see the maid as again they are reset to the next sim day....and on and on.

Message 27 of 91 (1,829 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am also having this issue.  I keep getting message that the maid has come, but stuff has not been cleaned.  I get charged $40 each time but there are still dirty dishes, trash not emptied, puddles on the floor, etc.

Message 28 of 91 (1,808 Views)

Where is the maid? Hiring her means she doesn't show up after a few days or

★★★ Novice

Hiring her for a one off means she never shows up and I have to cancel the maid and then rehire to get the maid to show up. Which is also the case with the supposedly reoccurring option. Made shows up for a few days then stops showing up at all. 

Message 29 of 91 (1,804 Views)

Hero

• You will no longer be required to watch your hired maid perform their duties in order to ensure you are getting the service you paid for. Maids will now properly clean your home, even if you aren't there! It's like a whole new world out there folks…

I hope this is fixed. I'm marking it as solved for now but feel free to post feedback if it's not.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 91 (1,734 Views)