Re: Unknown Error with Puppy/Adult Dog

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Last Exception Files

Hero

@n7_shaya

are you using mods ? What happens if you try to throw them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 67 (2,194 Views)

★★★ Novice

The only mod that I used was MC Command but now I am not using any mod at all and still have this problem. At partys and social events multitasking doesn't seem to work and sims don't talk or dance.

Message 22 of 67 (2,185 Views)

Unknown Error with Puppy/Adult Dog

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure. Nothing is going on when it happens.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing. Nothing happens.
What do you expect to see? Nothing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

It's the dog. No one is interacting, about to interact with the dog, the dog is doing nothing. Just standing there. Error also happens when the dog is aging up. Just not sure why this lastexception file is being created and why there is a script error.

Message 23 of 67 (2,144 Views)

Re: Unknown Error with Puppy/Adult Dog

Hero

Hi @PiperK1980

merged your post with the last exception thread.

What do you mean by nothing happens ? Does the interaction you intended get canceled or does the game just fire lastexceptions ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 67 (2,124 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am not using any mods and the game still produces a lastexception in my folder. I'm only seeing the error cause I was using MCCC.

It just fires the exceptions. I was directed over here from MCCC support.

Message 25 of 67 (2,103 Views)

★★ Novice
And there are no cancelled interactions because everyone (dog too) are just standing there. I first thought it was something in the background that was being caught but no.
Message 26 of 67 (2,101 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

The problem with this exceptions is described by Nick on the first page. They aren't terrible useful if you don't see any actual error in the game. Maybe if you still have the save with it happening, you could share that ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 67 (2,094 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Here is the save file. The household is Willington and they are in Brindleton Bay.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/29gkziywj1hx2gj/Puppy%20Issue_PiperK1980_Discord.7z?dl=0

I've been able to have dogs before and never had this issue and I had MCCC then as well. No errors then. In fact, I've had 3 dogs before this started. I haven't had a dog though for 2 generations in this household and another dog in a whole different legacy. I can't turn off the notifications that MCCC pops up and tbh, I'm not playing without it, so no dogs for me. I did just try to get a dog again but it's still happening.

This is how fast, in a vanilla game, that it takes to produce an LE file.

I make sure there is NO LE file to begin with. I load the household with the dog, count to 10 and minimize and go to my Sims folder. There it is. When I say everyone is just standing around, I mean it. No one is doing a thing. The dog is just standing there. My sims are just standing there. BUT when I'm at the vet or see another dog, it doesn't happen. Just in my household. I've tried other households with dogs and I don't get the error from MCCC or during a vanilla game. Just Willington household.

Message 28 of 67 (2,072 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@PiperK1980 This is the most perfect save file I have ever seen. It's just as you say, I load into that particular household, unpause the game, and the exception happens nearly immediately. This is incredibly useful, thank you so much, it's super appreciated! Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 29 of 67 (2,035 Views)

LEs when travelling with leashed foxes

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every expansion, game, and stuff pack as of 7-2-18 (British date)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have any sim and a fox. Have the sim leash the fox. Then travel to another lot without the fox. Call the fox to the lot using the whistle/ duck looking button on the UI (I can't tell what it is) Then click on the fox, to interact with it.
What happens when the bug occurs? A lastexception file is generated. A game restart usually gets rid of the issue.
What do you expect to see? No real issues that I can see, just a last exception file. I haven't played through the issue thoroughly enough to see any dramatic effects
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I was using the same fox throughout, but two different sims during my testing

Message 30 of 67 (1,992 Views)