Re: Interaction with pet sometimes cause Exception error

by 99publicidentity

Original Post

Re: An unknown last exception error

★★ Guide

The problem is, I don't actually do anything to make these occur, that's the problem. It seems that this is occurring outside of what my sim is doing. My sim could be painting, or he could be getting attacked by a vampire or he could be just standing there.They occur randomly and I usually don't see any effect of what this error causes. From what I have read, it's caused by an object having not enough "indexes" but which object, I am not certain. The only thing consistent about this error is that I have only had it in that one area in San Myshuno. But to point to an object and say, that's the one, I can't. What I can do is to play a game in another area of San Myshuno and see if I can get it to replicate. However, whatever is causing it, is not caused by whatever it is my sim is doing. I'll do some testing and let you know what I discover.

Message 11 of 67 (8,973 Views)

★★ Guide

This is an object that allows some sort of crafting so I will try all the different items and see if I can get a definite cause and action. Back soon.

Message 12 of 67 (8,971 Views)

★★ Guide

While my sim was living in 920 Medina Studios, I had this error pop up around six times in the three days he was living there. I had him visit the Casbah Gallery Art Centre and play with the work bench and both lumps of clay, no errors. I visited 701 Zenview and spent a day there, no errors. Next, I visited 1010 Alto Apartment and spent the day and no errors. I then had my sim move into Fountainview Penthouse and spent some time there rebuilding and running around down below, no errors. So, I have acquired no useful information, unfortunately. I am going to start a new game as I cheated terribly through this trying to get some useful info but as it stands now, there's not much I can contribute. Devil

Message 13 of 67 (8,961 Views)

Interaction with pet sometimes cause Exception error

★★ Guide

6 pt Product: The Sims 4 Platform:PC Which language are you playing the game in? English How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%) What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? a. Try talking to new pets(which owned by other played household) or strays b. Pet try to interact with sim c. some random time What happens when the bug occurs? Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception resuming Element (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'add_decay_rate_modifier') Traceback (most recent call last): File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 217, in simulate etc. What do you expect to see? No bugs at all. QA team, please work. Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them. Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes Please describe the patch or change you made. After latest 104 patch ‌

Message 14 of 67 (8,921 Views)

Re: Interaction with pet sometimes cause Exception error

★★ Guide

Tested in many situations, I figured it out that this bug happens when one of these are met: a. The player traveled with any pet to any lot. b. The destination lot(e.g. pool) have some random sims and A PET. c. While in vet center, talk to a pet patient. (trigger exception error. 2nd interaction to same pet will go fine)

> could you please attach your exception files.

It's always about "Exception raised while processing zone spin up sequence: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'add_decay_rate_modifier'".

So not much useful.

Googled "add_decay_rate" .

What are the symptoms your are seeing when the exception occurs ?

>> INTERACTION RELATED

a. If the user tried to talk to a pet,

1. Any pending interaction was full reset. (same thing like "resetsim My Name")

2. Above exception error was raised.

b. After 'a', if the user tried to talk to SAME pet again,

1. It works as normal. player can interact with the pet.

>> TRAVEL RELATED

c. If the player travel with pet to other lot such as house/pool,

1. The screen went dark, revert to world menu, and "Error 110"(95%) OR "Error 123"(5%) was raised. With same error details.

2. The destination lot become "/!\ Incomplete" even the lot is already full built.

3. Entering these "incomplete" lots as Build mode from world menu shows everything is OK(requirement perfect).

4. Return to world menu, and the incomplete flag is gone.

d. After 'c', if the player travel to the lot with pet,

1. same as c.

e. After 'c', if the player travel to the lot WITHOUT pet,

1. Sometimes it loads, but sometimes same as 'c'. Travel to other lot will load as normal, but only when the destination didn't spawn any pet.

<categoryid>relationship_track_decay_locker.py:100</categoryid>
<desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'add_decay_rate_modifier')&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10;  File...

1 line per 1 exception error notification. No other error.

Message 15 of 67 (8,916 Views)

Re: Last Exception Files

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide
Spoiler
<categoryid>relationship_track_decay_locker.py:100</categoryid><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'add_decay_rate_modifier')&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 335, in _run&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\social\social_super_interaction.py", line 1517, in do_pre_run_behavior&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\social\greeting_socials\greetings.py", line 53, in add_greeted_rel_bit&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\relationships\relationship_tracker.py", line 219, in add_relationship_bit&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\relationships\relationship_service.py", line 598, in add_relationship_bit&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\relationships\relationship_service.py", line 844, in _find_relationship&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\callback_utils.py", line 158, in __call__&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\game_effect_modifier\relationship_track_decay_locker.py", line 100, in _relationship_added_callback&#13;&#10;AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'add_decay_rate_modifier'&#13;&#10;</desyncdata></report>
<categoryid>relationship_track_decay_locker.py:100</categoryid><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'add_decay_rate_modifier')&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 335, in _run&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\social\social_super_interaction.py", line 1517, in do_pre_run_behavior&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\social\greeting_socials\greetings.py", line 53, in add_greeted_rel_bit&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\relationships\relationship_tracker.py", line 219, in add_relationship_bit&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\relationships\relationship_service.py", line 598, in add_relationship_bit&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\relationships\relationship_service.py", line 842, in _find_relationship&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\callback_utils.py", line 158, in __call__&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\game_effect_modifier\relationship_track_decay_locker.py", line 100, in _relationship_added_callback&#13;&#10;AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'add_decay_rate_modifier'&#13;&#10;</desyncdata></report>
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\relationships\relationship_service.py", line 844, in _find_relationship&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 376, in _run&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\sim.py", line 3366, in _process_interaction_gen&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 740, in process_one_interaction_gen&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 1501, in run_transitions&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 3852, in run_super_interaction&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\super_interaction.py", line 3635, in run_direct_gen&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 872, in remove_for_perform&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Lib\contextlib.py", line 55, in __exit__&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 860, in _head_change_watcher&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 944, in _get_head&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 333, in get_next_unblocked_interaction&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\social\social_super_interaction.py", line 941, in notify_queue_head&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\social\social_super_interaction.py", line 477, in _get_close_to_target_and_greet&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\social\social_super_interaction.py", line 414, in _greet_sim&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\relationships\relationship_service.py", line 842, in _find_relationship&#13;&#10;
<categoryid>crafting_interactions.py:1686</categoryid><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception resuming Element (AttributeError: 'object_vetMedicineStation_Items_AutonomousConsumableTreat' object has no attribute 'set_state')&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 217, in simulate&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 1079, in _resume&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 1096, in _call_finally&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\crafting\crafting_interactions.py", line 1874, in &lt;lambda&gt;&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\crafting\crafting_interactions.py", line 1772, in callback&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\crafting\crafting_interactions.py", line 1686, in _custom_claim_callback&#13;&#10;AttributeError: 'object_vetMedicineStation_Items_AutonomousConsumableTreat' object has no attribute 'set_state'&#13;&#10;</desyncdata></report>
<categoryid>crafting_interactions.py:1686</categoryid><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception resuming Element (AttributeError: 'object_vetMedicineStation_Items_AutonomousConsumableTreat' object has no attribute 'set_state')&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 217, in simulate&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 1079, in _resume&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 1096, in _call_finally&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\crafting\crafting_interactions.py", line 1874, in &lt;lambda&gt;&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\crafting\crafting_interactions.py", line 1772, in callback&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\crafting\crafting_interactions.py", line 1686, in _custom_claim_callback&#13;&#10;AttributeError: 'object_vetMedicineStation_Items_AutonomousConsumableTreat' object has no attribute 'set_state'&#13;&#10;</desyncdata></report>
<categoryid>asm.py:985</categoryid><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (RuntimeError: ASM :: Motion_Based_Gaming (HANDLE :: 157047)&gt;: Attempt to traverse between two states (PuzzleLoop -&gt; FamilyLoop) where no valid path exists! Actors {'gameMat': (&lt;weakref at 0xXXX; to 'object_gameMotionMatGuruEvent_01' at 0xXXX&gt;, '0', &lt;AnimationParticipant.TARGET = 103&gtWink, 'x': (&lt;weakref at 0xXXX; to 'object_sim' at 0xXXX&gt;, None, &lt;AnimationParticipant.ACTOR = 101&gtWink})&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 376, in _run&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\animation\animation_element.py", line 734, in do_begin&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\animation\asm.py", line 985, in request&#13;&#10;RuntimeError: ASM :: Motion_Based_Gaming (HANDLE :: 157047)&gt;: Attempt to traverse between two states (PuzzleLoop -&gt; FamilyLoop) where no valid path exists! Actors {'gameMat': (&lt;weakref at 0xXXX; to 'object_gameMotionMatGuruEvent_01' at 0xXXX&gt;, '0', &lt;AnimationParticipant.TARGET = 103&gtWink, 'x': (&lt;weakref at 0xXXX; to 'object_sim' at 0xXXX&gt;, None, &lt;AnimationParticipant.ACTOR = 101&gtWink}&#13;&#10;</desyncdata></report>
<categoryid>relationship_track_decay_locker.py:100</categoryid><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception resuming Element (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'add_decay_rate_modifier')&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 385, in _resume&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 4003, in do_transition_single&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 3959, in _create_transition_interaction&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\postures\transition_sequence.py", line 3852, in run_super_interaction&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\super_interaction.py", line 3635, in run_direct_gen&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 872, in remove_for_perform&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Lib\contextlib.py", line 55, in __exit__&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 860, in _head_change_watcher&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 944, in _get_head&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\interaction_queue.py", line 333, in get_next_unblocked_interaction&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\social\social_super_interaction.py", line 941, in notify_queue_head&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\social\social_super_interaction.py", line 477, in _get_close_to_target_and_greet&#13;&#10;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\social\social_super_interaction.py", line 414, in _greet_sim&#13;&#10;

I wrote other person also have this "relationship_track_decay_locker" problem in my bug report, but the moderator here ignored my bug report.

Anyway here's my log.

Found another user who have same problem forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16156875/#Comment_16156875

[Edited by EA_Mai: remember to always be respectful]

Message 16 of 67 (8,903 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks much for the detailed info on how this exception occurs, @99publicidentity, much appreciated! Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 17 of 67 (8,876 Views)

★★ Guide

Pet tried to talk to sim, or sim tried to talk to sim trigger this exception error and reset both sim and pet actions("resetsim" effect).

Here's yet another user having same exception error.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/88900-exception-file-created-during-vet-activity/?tab=comments#comme...

And here's I just got now:

Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'add_decay_rate_modifier')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\elements.py", line 335, in _run
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\social\social_super_interaction.py", line 1517, in do_pre_run_behavior
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\social\greeting_socials\greetings.py", line 53, in add_greeted_rel_bit
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\relationships\relationship_tracker.py", line 219, in add_relationship_bit
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\relationships\relationship_service.py", line 598, in add_relationship_bit
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\relationships\relationship_service.py", line 842, in _find_relationship
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\callback_utils.py", line 158, in __call__
  File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\game_effect_modifier\relationship_track_decay_locker.py", line 100, in _relationship_added_callback
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'add_decay_rate_modifier'
Message 18 of 67 (8,857 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I get a last exception just for loading the game Confused

Message 19 of 67 (8,806 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem and it so frustrating! I can't throw partys anymore. Anyone knows how to solve this?

Message 20 of 67 (8,759 Views)