[ARCHIVED] Issues with Work From Home Tasks

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: social media working from home

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello, I pressed Me Too button but I think it came from my misunderstanding. So, please just ignore my press.

I had the same task back in January and still remember it well because I wandered several neighborhoods looking for one single co-worker, and couldn’t find anyone neither. I thought the task was one of the hardest things to complete and eventually gave up to accomplish it whenever it came up.

I checked the link Phantomlover1717 posted -- Thank you! -- and found a few helpful mentions in the comment section. Probably, work from home tasks are different than normal daily tasks, which are given to a sim who chose to go to work. They suggest making your sim go to work the next day and find a co-worker, as well as go around to chat with random sims. So, maybe Crinrict is right. I should have sent my sim to work at first in order to find out who is the co-worker but I’ve thought it should be almost impossible task without noticing the best way.

Thank you for the information and opportunity to learn!

Message 21 of 28 (2,749 Views)

Hero

Tagging @isabellekather for further feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 28 (2,724 Views)

Hero

Hi @3ukkie @isabellekather

Did you guys ever try this with going to work at least once ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 28 (2,698 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello, @crinrict.

Unfortunately, no. I made two sims take the social media jobs to test it out in my game, but the task didn’t show up in both cases. Also, I can hardly remember which career level I got it exactly at.

I still think my game is fine because regardless of whatever task was given, I found there was at least one co-worker when I let the sims go to work and hit it off with mates.

Message 24 of 28 (2,685 Views)

Hero

@3ukkie @isabellekather

I've merged this with the collection thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 25 of 28 (2,664 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello, @crinrict.

I can now confirm that a new game is fine about the “brighten the day of co-workers twice” task, but an older save file may have a problem to find a second co-worker.

The task popped up at level 5, Community Manager, on Public Relations branch. So I started a new game, got my sim a job on Social Media, made him go to work and kept on selecting “Make Connections” until he become a community manager. He immediately found a co-worker at the beginning, and also another one after the career branched. He could complete the task with them.

Then, I have another save file which I started playing around March, and apparently it has already hit the limit of townies. There is an immortal townie who is at level 10, Internet Superstar, in the world, so my sim could easily find the first one in the same way, but he couldn’t meet another one even after he became a community manager. I repaired the game and reset The Sims 4 folder but the second didn’t show up. Older files could be affected by many different factors, so I’m not sure if it’s occurring only in my game or there is another condition to spawn the second.

Message 26 of 28 (2,645 Views)

Re: City Living Social Media Career

★★ Novice

To solve this issue, I had it too,

Create a club (with Get Together) and select a requirement as career in 'Social Media' add all sims that meet this requirement, start a hangout and perform the action.

This worked for me and I hope it does for you too!

Message 27 of 28 (2,289 Views)

Re: City Living Social Media Career

Hero
Locking this. Please create a new thread per issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 28 (1,819 Views)