by crinrict

Original Post

Sims That Don't Live in Apartments Rolling Whim to Get Out in City

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Move a Sim into a lot that is not an apartment, preferably not in San Myshuno, and watch for this whim to pop up.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims that don't live in apartments, or even San Myshuno, often roll the whim to get out in the city.
What do you expect to see? Since the whim is captioned, "from apartment living, use an elevator to head out," or something to that effect, I wouldn't think that Sims not living in apartments should be able to roll that whim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. City Living

For some reason, Sims that don't live in apartments, or even San Myshuno, often roll the whim to get out in the city. I find this especially odd, since the whim is captioned (from apartment living) and encourages the Sim to use the elevator and get out in the city.

Message 151 of 157 (1,119 Views)

Re: Sims That Don't Live in Apartments Rolling Whim to Get Out in City

★★★ Guide

@crinrict

Since that other issue about same-sex couples rolling a whim to try for a baby is an issue related to a whim and not a moodlet, it should probably be removed from the moodlet issues thread and put here instead.

Message 152 of 157 (1,101 Views)

★ Guide

Lorraine-Simmer's comment reminded me that I have an issue where my same-sex couple (both male, YA, married) roll whims to try for baby with their partner. neither can become pregnant. they roll this whim often in my game, but only started happening after they got married.

Message 153 of 157 (1,092 Views)

Hero

@Lorraine-Simmer

All fixed.

Did you try if the whim gets fulfilled if you go to the city ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 154 of 157 (1,081 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@crinrict

I haven't tried that yet. I'll get back with you on that once I do, though.

Message 155 of 157 (1,074 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Issues with Whims

★★★ Guide

Recently had the "try for baby" whim show up... twice for my male vampire. he is married to a male alien. neither can get pregnant so i'm not sure whats going on here. Is it a bug? I dont have all the game addons and i dont have a lot of custom content or mods. My game crashes a lot but i read thats a windows 10 thing so whatever. just confused about how this whim is showing up.

Message 156 of 157 (1,019 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Issues with Whims

Hero

This thread has run it's course. A lot has been fixed in here.

I made a new one here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Issues-with-Whims/td-p/6381242/jump-to/first... and going to lock this one.

Feel free to re-report any issues that are still open.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 157 of 157 (7,305 Views)