Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Issues with Whims

by Tengwar93

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

Few whims issues I've had lately...

- whim from a female Sim to try for baby with another female Sim

- getting married whim not being fulfilled

Most annoying one - Sim I moved into my household that previously had a dog and now keeps rolling whims that are related to pets, when there is no pet on the lot.

Message 71 of 93 (982 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The "Start a Club Gathering" whim hasn't worked for me lately. Doesn't matter if it's on a holiday or not. (This started after I installed Seasons.) Used to have this issue a year ago or so when my sims had taken a vacation day, but now it doesn't fulfill at any time.

Message 72 of 93 (963 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @Lorraine-Simmer

This behaviour is as design. The whims appear based on a recent weather, so if cancelled, it is possible that the whim appears again even though is not raining anymore.

Thank you for your report!

Message 73 of 93 (931 Views)

Ring To Someone Whim Exploit

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Dansk
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have ALL expansions/gamepacks/stuff packs besides: Parenthood, fitness stuff, Toddler Stuff and Laundry Day Stuf
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The "Ring to someone" ("Whims" i think they are called in english) you dont have to "call" anyone, to complete it. All you have to do is click on the phone, and choose "Talk with ..." option, and then you can just decide not to call anyone. But just by clicking the "Talk With" it completes the whim.
What happens when the bug occurs? The whims completes, even though you never do what it says.
What do you expect to see? That the whim would not complete, only complete when the character talks with someone.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I guess this is more of a "exploit" then a bug. As it just saves some time, as you dont have to use time to call the person, but just hit a button.

Message 74 of 93 (923 Views)

Re: Ring To Someone Whim Exploit

★★★ Guide

Found a whim that doesn't fulfill in some circumstances.

Which Whim: Go jogging.

Age Group: The Sim I just had this happen with was a young adult.

Conditions: Jogging to clear mind does not fulfill the 'go jogging' whim.

Message 75 of 93 (883 Views)

Re: Ring To Someone Whim Exploit

★★★ Guide

A few whims I have noticed that are not fulfilling:

- Getting Married (I have concidered letting my sims live in sin until this is fixed)
- Sims not living in San Myshuno getting "Get out in the city" whim
- Whim to flirt (and once to "Have first kiss with ....") due to being near a friendly relationship
- Get Creative whim not fulfilled when writing, singing or playing music (only when painting)
- Whim to "Try for baby" with same gender partner

I rarely play with any other age groups than young adult/adult. Only have one save currently, that I've played the last 2-3 weeks.

Message 76 of 93 (832 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Just noticing that sims that have the grilled cheese aspiration can no longer talk about grilled cheese and can't fulfill the aspiration

Message 77 of 93 (789 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @TizianaR88

could you create a new thread for that. This collection thread is for whims.

Thank you 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 78 of 93 (784 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

i have tried twice to create a new post, but when i hit on preview the page goes white forever. when i refresh i have to start over. it's a bit frustrating cause i have listed all my packs twice. 

btw it's ok. i will cheat to fix it. 

Message 79 of 93 (774 Views)

Hero
Did you fill out the form at the bottom ? You will need a submit button to show up.

Also did it not auto-save and you have a load button at the top so you don't have to re-type ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 80 of 93 (768 Views)