Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Issues with Whims

by krecha_ae

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice
The 'Get Married to ___" whim still isn't fulfilling for me. I've tried repairing the game, no luck.
Message 61 of 93 (1,327 Views)

Hero
Guess it only applies to the get engaged then.

Thanks for your feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 62 of 93 (1,313 Views)

★ Guide

I'm also having the trouble where the marriage whim isn't being fulfilled and I have households that had pets and moved some of the sims to different households that don't have pets, but they'll have whims as if they still own pets.

Message 63 of 93 (1,252 Views)

★ Apprentice

Whim: Get Creative (from lot traits)

Conditions: Preform a creative skill interaction like Writing, Paining, or using an instrument.

While the whim is successful with painting (and I haven't tried writing), I've yet to see it work with playing an instrument.  I've done pianos, violins, and guitars.  I've practiced, played/sang songs, wrote songs, Jam (guitar)/Jazz up the Place (piano).  None have satisfied "using an instrument" for the whim!

Message 64 of 93 (1,132 Views)

★ Novice

An issue I've noticed is with the Hecking family in Brindleton Bay. One of them got the need to try for a baby with the other, but I checked and neither of them can get pregnant, they can only make others pregnant. 

Message 65 of 93 (1,099 Views)

★ Apprentice

Listen to Loud Music whim is not fulfilling 

Sim age- Teen

Conditions- my teen sim becomes sad from a mood swing and the whim Listen to music appears, sim listens to loud music station but does not register as the whim having been fulfilled, nor does it add to emotional control, only the fun meter is increased.

Message 66 of 93 (1,045 Views)

★ Guide
Do your sims have the "loves outdoors" trait? I've only noticed it in those. However, the whim stays locked and unfulfilled when I send them to San Myshuno.
Message 67 of 93 (975 Views)

★★ Guide
  • Which Whim: Try for Baby With (Sim)
  • Age group of the Sim it's not fulfilling: Young Adult and Adult
  • Conditions: Both of the sims in the relationship are the same sex (Male, in this case) and although both have the ability to impregnate Sims, neither have the ability to become pregnant or have the option to "Try for Baby" with the other in their Romantic socials menus.

This whim seems to be impossible to complete under these conditions, though it still shows up now and again.

I'm assuming it's a bug, and that this whim shouldn't appear while targeting an incompatible Sim.

Message 68 of 93 (945 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hello,

I have a problem with not-fullfilling whim to marry sim.
Consindered Sims are young adult.

Second thing, please let me know if I can quote Sims whims in Polish, or how can I know exact English translation (I have game by Origin Access in Poland).

Message 69 of 93 (909 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I found a whim that's inappropriate for the current situation.

• Which Whim: Play in the rain.
  • Age Groups: All that are able to play in the rain.
  • Conditions: Sims are rolling the whim to play in the rain despite it not currently raining outside. This usually happens right after it finishes raining. Despite the fact that it was raining a moment ago, I do not think that Sims should be rolling this whim when it isn't currently raining outside.
Message 70 of 93 (893 Views)