Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Issues with Whims

by comicsforever

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Get engaged whim is not fulfilling. The sim is a young adult and she was the one performing the engagement action.

Message 21 of 93 (1,610 Views)

Re: grill hotdog (whim doesn't complete and mouseover tooltip of meal missing)

★★★ Novice

Also having the same issue. Any of the "grill (insert food here)" whims aren't getting fulfilled.

Message 22 of 93 (1,610 Views)

★ Apprentice

Just came here to post that I'm having the same issue.

YA proposing to Vampire: whim didn't fulfil.

Message 23 of 93 (1,578 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I'm seeing dog whims even when dogs are no longer in household  to and also there are to many dog whims every other whim is a dog whim

Message 24 of 93 (1,528 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I also have the Get Out in the City whim although the sim lives in Brindleton Bay. 

She also had a whim Buy a Wash Tub ("From Having No Laundry Appliances") although she has both a washer and a drier.

Young adult, created just before Laundry Day.

Edit: Just got "Kiss" whim which is nothing odd, since the target-sim is in a romantic relationship with the sim who got the whim. What is strange though is that the tooltip says: "Kiss Linnea (From Being Near a Friendly Relationship)" instead of a Romantic Relationship.

Message 25 of 93 (1,452 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I think that's normal I'm pretty sure its always been that way sims get whims to flirt with people they like even if they don't have a romantic,

relationship after all romance has to start somewhere

Message 26 of 93 (1,417 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I'm having trouble with buy object whims my sims go out and suddenly they want to buy a toilet or an oven

from not owning object and they own all those things

Message 27 of 93 (1,409 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@Lumiasta Regarding the whim to buy a wash tub, have you tried buying Ole Timmy's Wash Tub? I think the whim is specifically referring to the wash tub, not a washer. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 28 of 93 (1,374 Views)

★★ Guide

@SimGuruNick I did not try that, because I also understood that that is what the whim is about. My point was that the reason it states for the whim is "("From Having No Laundry Appliances")".

Aka, yes, it's clear the whim is about buying that specific laundry appliance (which they didn't have), but the reason it gives for the whim is wrong.

Message 29 of 93 (1,368 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Did you already have the washer/dryer before you got the whim, or did you buy those objects after getting the whim? Thanks for the clarification! Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 30 of 93 (1,364 Views)