Please report all of the following kinds Issues with whims in here

• Not fulfilling although it should
  • Fulfilling although it should not
  • Not appropriate to the current situation

Include the following info

• Which Whim
  • Age group of the Sim it's not fulfilling
  • Conditions

Refer to this thread for older issues although I'm unsure which of those are actually still a problem: [ARCHIVED] Issues with Whims. Please repost in here if you are still experience the issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 1 of 93 (6,210 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [ARCHIVED] Issues with Whims

Hero
Archiving this collection thread as well.

Please retest your issues with Nov 13th patch and create a new report if the whims are still an issue.

Current issues are still being tracked even though I'm closing this thread.

Collection threads for different kind of issues have proven to be not very effective when it comes to tracking how many people are affected hence I'm getting rid of them.

Please wait before re-reporting until the patch is out and you have retested.

Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 93 of 93 (3,510 Views)

All Replies

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Issues with Whims

[ Edited ]
Hero

Compiled List

Not fulfilling

• Getting Married/Engaged
  • Grill Anything
  • Hug Lovingly doesn't fulfill hug toddler.

Falsely fulfilling

Off

• Adults want to flirt with children (again)
  • Sims not living in San Myshuno getting Get out in the city whim
  • Whim to flirt due to near a friendly relationship

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 2 of 93 (6,150 Views)

★ Apprentice
Hi,

Ever since the 11/7/17 patch, I’ve noticed what I believe to be a bug with a specific whim. Since the update, I’ve had two different adult Sims roll a whim to flirt with a child Sim. I’ve seen this whim occasionally in the past, but it’s always been between two Sims of an appropriate age. I know for sure that an adult Sim should never have whims to flirt with a child, so I can only assume it’s a bug.

Hopefully this information is helpful and I’ve left it in the appropriate section.
Message 3 of 93 (6,102 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I'm still having Sims that don't live in San Myshuno rolling the whim to "get out in the city." The whim has a caption that mentions an elevator, but what elevator? They don't even live in San Myshuno, let alone an apartment! So far, I've observed this happening with young adults.

Message 4 of 93 (6,096 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Not fulfilling: Marry Whim

Message 5 of 93 (6,080 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Not appropriate: One of my Sim's rolled a whim to flirt with her roommate due to being "near a friendly relationship" this should be romantic, not friendly. She never rolled this whim prior to the patch for Cats and Dogs.

Message 6 of 93 (6,057 Views)

Hero

Added all of the above

@nicolestelle  Did you have one then wedding ? How did you get married ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 93 (6,045 Views)

★★ Apprentice
The marriage interaction works fine bu clicking on the weddding arch. it is just that both sims got the whim to “marry” one another than the whim would still remain even after they were married (was not fullfilled even when I was on that sim the whole time she was getting married which would normally fullfill said whim)
I like to play according to the random whims sims have so it was dissapointing that on multiple occasions the whims to marry were not being fullfilled = no aspiration(?) points added
Message 8 of 93 (6,028 Views)

Hero

Did you try if it's fulfilled when you use elope ? Did you have a wedding party or just got married under the arch (it's important under to know under which circumstances the whim doesn't get fulfilled) 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 93 (6,020 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Oh right details (sorry next time I will try to explain all at once) tried 3 times. 2 times I had them host a wedding party event and marry by clicking on the arch. Tried 2 different households that way at different times both did not fullfill the whim. The third time I tried with another household eloping at the wedding arch when the romance festival was happening. That did’t fullfill the whim either. Haven’t tried eloping elsewhere. If I do I will let you know but for me at least the whim is not fullfilling properly.
Message 10 of 93 (6,014 Views)