Re: "Buy Stove" whim still appears when stove is already owned

by crinrict

Original Post

★★★★★ Newbie

will do. i'll try a vanilla game and see if i still get the nuisance bug.

Message 101 of 157 (746 Views)

Champion

Whim-related issue: A sim of mine that lives in Windenburg repeatedly gets the whim to go to town and it says "from living in an apartment". The sim in question never even went to San Myshuno. He doesn't live in an apartment.

Additional info in case any of this is relevant:

The household was created after the Nov patch, but before the triple boost mini patch and also before installing CL. It was never played, just sat in my library.  I'm not sure if I created the savegame I have it in now before or after downloading CL (I think it was afterwards). After creating the save, I pulled the prepared household from my library, started the game and went straight from CAS to Windenburg. San Myshuno was never loaded in that savegame, not even in map view. There are 5 sims in the household, but it's only ever the same sim that gets this whim to go to town, a male YA Serial Romancer/Music lover/Commitment issues/Loves the outdoors.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 102 of 157 (729 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Do you have the Sim in your gallery as well and if so, what's the name

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 103 of 157 (720 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Issues with Whims

★ Pro

Which Whim - Get Out in the City

Age group of the Sim it's not fulfilling - Child, if travel is selected via phone.

Conditions - Whim's text indicates it can be filled by clicking elevator to go downstairs, or selecting travel from phone.  The whim doesn't fulfill if a child uses the phone to travel but will fulfill if clicking the elevator to go downstairs.  Not sure if it is fulfilling via both methods for other age groups since so far it has only been the child in the apt. who has gotten the whim.

Vanilla game.

Message 104 of 157 (704 Views)

Hero

I've added that to the overview

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 105 of 157 (687 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm still getting the Get married whim when they are already married. Sims game is un-modded and all packs installed.

Message 106 of 157 (682 Views)

★ Pro

@crinrict , you can add teen to the whim for Get Out in the City not fulfilling, if using the phone to travel.  As with the child stage, it will fulfill if clicking an elevator to go downstairs.  So far, only had the whim appear for these two age groups in my game but will update if/when other age groups get the whim.

Message 107 of 157 (669 Views)

Aspiration Marry/Engage/Go Steady w/sim when already married/engaged/dating them

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I'd like to report a possible bug where my sims, married or dating someone, has aspirations pop up to either Marry, Propose, or Go Steady with the sim they are interested in. However, these interactions have popped up when the sim is already married/engaged/dating that sim. I delete the aspiration but it will come back a few sim days later. They are still listed as husband/wife/girl-or-boyfriend in their relationship bar, but I was wondering if anyone else has said this problem has occurred.

Sorry the pictures are sideways

Message 108 of 157 (670 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Issues with Whims - Globe Bar

★★★★ Apprentice

So far, I have only tried this once, but when playing the Goth household, Bella had a whim to buy a bar (as an adult) because she was a party animal. So I bought and placed the Globe Bar, but the whim was not fulfilled. Is anyone else having this issue?

Message 109 of 157 (638 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I've got a similar issue here... I got to pick a pack for a christmas present, and I choose romantic garden. I tried out the wishing well for the first time, and had my sim wish for a child. The well was angry and gave her an evil kid. So his trait was evil. But then he rolled a wish because of "art lover" which he isn't. He has never been. He was just created! So no previous traits. I exited without saving because I didn't want to deal with the invisible trait issue.

Message 110 of 157 (610 Views)