Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Whims are not fulfilling/off

by frinsesspin

Original Post

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Whims are not fulfilling

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

My two female married sims keeps on getting whims to get engaged and to get married. They got them when they were YAs and now they are A and still the same bug.

Under relationships they are:

Acquaintances

Soulmates

Just Good Friends

Spouse

Best Friends

Lovebirds

Message 91 of 157 (1,078 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Whims are not fulfilling

Hero

How does their family tree look ? Are they still married there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 92 of 157 (1,071 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm still getting the "Get Engaged/Get Married" whim with Sims who I created as a married couple in CAS when I started the save; their relationship panel still says "Spouse" so it's not like they suddenly became un-married. 

Message 93 of 157 (1,007 Views)

Hero

Are they also showing married in the family tree ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 94 of 157 (1,004 Views)

Hero

Sims will now be able to satisfy the Send a Flirty, Sad, Playful, Energized, and Angry Text whim by using the phone.
  • On a side note, in rare cases, it has been discovered that sending energized texts have been known to cause ERrAt!c uSE 0f P#nC!uAt!@n and C$P!talIZ(~)tI0N.

Fixed in Patch 1.24.102

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 95 of 157 (1,005 Views)

★ Apprentice

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, my Sim repeatedly has the Whim to "Clone a Sim". She is an Adult, Level 10 Scientist. So far she has cloned two other Sims and neither fulfilled the Whim. She did this on her home lot with a cloning machine she had made at work.

I'm running MC Command Center on Windows 10, all packs, PC version 1.23.

Message 96 of 157 (999 Views)

Hero

@frinsesspin wrote:

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, my Sim repeatedly has the Whim to "Clone a Sim". She is an Adult, Level 10 Scientist. So far she has cloned two other Sims and neither fulfilled the Whim. She did this on her home lot with a cloning machine she had made at work.

I'm running MC Command Center on Windows 10, all packs, PC version 1.23.

Same as the other, I'm only taking reports on unmodded, updated games.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 97 of 157 (995 Views)

Re: Whims not being granted or off

★★★ Novice

I have had the whim to "get married" or "get engaged" a TON with my sims that are already married. Multiple games, with or without cc and mods. It comes up a lot, actually, and is kind of annoying. 

Message 98 of 157 (984 Views)

"Buy Stove" whim still appears when stove is already owned

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

okay, so this bug is more of a nuisance than an actual problem. I tried several different games, several different sim ages and genders and i still get this bug. i've also gotten the bug on both alien and human sims.

So, i have a stove at my sim's home lot, either already having settled the whim or completely bypassing it. Thing is, whenever i take my sims to a lot that doesn't have a stove and i free up one of the two normal whims, i tend to get the "buy stove" whim, even though my sims already own a stove back home. I've made sure the game version is completely up-to-date and checked that all of my mods are also completely compatible with the latest version of the game, having deleted the ones that don't yet have a compatible version.

I run my game on a windows 10 laptop and have Get to Work and Outdoor Retreat. i spent several months doing other things besides Sims 4 then came back last week. I had to do a bunch of updates when i came back. and I've had this annoying bug since then. While i have admitted this is more of a nuisance than a true problem, i would still like to have it fixed because it's driving me a little insane.

P.S. I don't have and never have had a mod that does anything with whims nor do i use custom stoves. Also, prior to this past week of playing, i haven't played the game since Get Together first came out, so it's been a while and a LOT of updates to do at once since i haven't even opened Origin since then.

Message 99 of 157 (982 Views)

Re: "Buy Stove" whim still appears when stove is already owned

Hero

Hi @luckywoman1

merged your post with whims thread but I need yo to remove all mods. Even if they are updated. I only take reports on vanilla games in here.

Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 100 of 157 (961 Views)