[ARCHIVED] Issues with Whims

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Issues with Whims

[ Edited ]
Hero

Please post all Whims issues that concern a certain Whim not being fulfilled although conditions are met in here as well as any whims that can't are off

I'll be compiling them in this first page.

Please try to give us much details as possible.

Include the following info

• Which Whim
  • Age group of the Sim it's not fulfilling
  • Conditions

Compiled List

Not fulfilling

• Dance to Stereo Music when Sim dances to DJ Booth music played through radio/stereo --> Fixed in Patch 1.61.16
  • Mentor Someone in Fitness not always fulfilling
  • Buy a microphone - due to the comedy skill
  • Start a club gathering (hit and miss)
  • Send <insert emotion> Text only fulfills through the relationship panel and not through the phone --> Fixed in Patch 1.61.16 for happy text. Rest fixed in Patch 1.24.102
  • From being inspiredPlay the Piano, Play the violin
  • Repairing doll house doesn't fulfill 'Repair an Object' whim
  • Watch a Gaming Livestream"Whim Doesn't Complete on Slablet
  • Play Dart
  • Get Out in the City for children/teens when traveling through the phone
  • Buying a toy if bought at retail store
  • Make a vampire joke doesn't fulfills the whim make a joke.

Off

• Start a club gathering even though they are already in a club gathering.
  • Light a bonfire because it states they are near a bonfire in the game on the whim but the Sim is nowhere near a bonfire. --> Fixed in Patch 1.61.16
  • Buy a pool at least 1x1 although they have a bigger pool
  • Get Engaged to/Get married/Be Boyfriend to when already in said relationship to that person --> Fixed in Patch 1.30.103
  • Romantic/friendly whims From Being Near a Romantic/friendly Relationship although romantic relationship isn't really near.
  • Buy an oven from not owning home necessity although household already has an oven
  • From being inspiredPlant Something, Harvest --> Should appear when focused not inspired ?
  • Waterslide doesn't count for Tense .. not enough exercise 
  • Give Apartment Key for Sims living in houses
  • Try for baby although Household is full
  • Same Sex couple gets Try for Baby whim
  • Whim to get out in the City for Sim not living in the city

Falsely fulfilling

• Level up certain skill fulfills with any skill (TO TEST)
  • Make a friend

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 157 (9,980 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Issues with Whims

Hero

This thread has run it's course. A lot has been fixed in here.

I made a new one here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Issues-with-Whims/td-p/6381242/jump-to/first... and going to lock this one.

Feel free to re-report any issues that are still open.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 157 of 157 (7,298 Views)

All Replies

[TO TEST] Repairing dollhouse doesn't fulfill 'Repair an Object' whim

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

My sim was focused after playing chess and got a whim to repair an object, so I made him go and repair the dollhouse he destroyed the day before. When he was done the whim was still there. Did the same thing afterwards with all three dollhouses in the game and none of them satisfied it.

Message 1 of 157 (9,167 Views)

buy a pool at least 1x1 whim

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

my sims always get a "buy a pool at least 1x1" whim due to not owning home luxury. although they have a big pool and plenty of home luxury in their house like the drink fountain and bars and stuff.

Message 2 of 157 (9,871 Views)

Whims not being granted or off

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hey all, I was trying to tell EA about some recent issues with the game after an update but guess what they sent me here!!!!
Still have to try though:
My sims whims are acting weird. Sims will want to marry each other or get engaged even though they've been married.

My sims whims often do not register as being granted: my child will want to complete homework--completes and whim not granted. Same with pool whims (never granted.)

Considering that's a huge part of the game and there are no cheats for whim points I suggest taking the time to fix the problem, I'm sure I'm not the only one experiencing this.
Seriously hate how I dread game updates: EA fixes a handful of problem and then adds new ones.

Message 3 of 157 (8,192 Views)

Re: Hello Update and Hello New Bugs!

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @margartehbear

I do get the engaged whim issue too but the others work fine as far as I can tell

Are you using any mods in your game ?

Changed your title to better reflect the issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 157 (8,178 Views)

Re: Embaressment moodlet w/ married couples

★ Apprentice

Something similar here. Sims don't know their spouses. I suspect it's part of the social overhaul to fix the friends issue from the last update.

I kept getting "Get Married To" and "Get Engaged To" whims for my sims to their own spouses.

When I went to make the next generation for the neighborhood, Play With Genetics didn't work correctly.

If I picked an adult, the spouse was not available as a mate. (Though other sims were. So a sim's mother-in-law could mate with her, but not her husband.)

When I picked children I could create a sibling. Both parents of the child showed as parents of the sibling.

Opening up a household, I discovered that spouses did not know each other. Introducing them to each other did not solve the Play With Genetics problem. They still could not mate.

Moving a spouse out of the household then back in did not solve the problem. (I thought it might re-introduce them.)

Using cheats to set the sims relationship to romantic. Ditto using cheats to set the relationship to married.

Introducing the sims after setting the relationship did not work.

Play With Genetics works fine for the new families in Windenberg and new households I create. I just doesn't work correctly for the existing households.

Message 5 of 157 (8,169 Views)

Re: Embaressment moodlet w/ married couples

Hero

Hi @Ruffinshot

I moved your comment about the moodlet in here.

Could you make your own thread for the genetics problem. I do not believe that to be related to anything.

Check here on how to report a bug: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFO-How-to-report-Bugs/td-p/4450472/jump-to/first-u...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 157 (8,163 Views)

[GT] Dance to Stereo Music Whim Not Completing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

The dance to stereo music whim is not completing when I have my Sims dance to the music the DJ booth plays through the radio.

Message 7 of 157 (9,874 Views)

Re: [GT] Dance to Stereo Music Whim Not Completing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I am just going to keep editing this post. 

• Sims get the whim start a club gathering even though they are already in a club gathering.
  • Sim get whim to light a bonfire because it states they are near a bonfire in the game on the whim but the Sim is nowhere near a bonfire.  I checked and I couldn't find one.
Message 9 of 157 (9,853 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Whims are not fulfilling

★★ Guide

I've noticed the Mentor Someone in Fitness whim is not always completing since I installed Get Together. I caught a specific instance on video. Note that I let the action run long enough for the mentoring Sim to receive the Confident emotion for doing the teaching, but the whim did not clear.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lxeqhw247m18y1t/mentor-fitness-fail.avi?dl=0

The Sim doing the mentoring is an adult, the Sim being mentored (on the treadmill) is a young adult. They are a newly married couple. The mentoring Sim was game-generated and I added him to one of my pre-existing families after installing Get Together. This particular instance happened at a community spa lot in Newcrest, but I've seen it happen on their home lot as well.

I'm on Mac OS X (Yosemite), all expansions and packs, no mods or CC.

Message 10 of 157 (9,847 Views)