Re: Can't age up sims using the birthday cake

by MissZoef

Original Post

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Issues with Food

Hero

In houses or rooms ?

There's a thread for rooms here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-I-can-not-upload-food-to-the-gallery/td-p/572...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 201 of 253 (580 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

As an extra note to the whole can't eat food and drink at the same time, just tried it with yoghurt and milk, they cancelled each other out, both ended up in my sim's inventory.

Message 202 of 253 (566 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am having an issue with candles and baking desserts (pies specifically) where if there are any pie leftovers in the fridge, cakes won't get an option to put birthday candles on them. If I get rid of the pie leftovers, the issue is solved, but even when there is no option to put candles on the pie (after it's been eaten!) this persists. It sounds like with the updates you can only have one birthday-able item at a time if you want to add candles. I haven't tested it with cupcakes yet to see if this is the case, but I have a feeling it might be. 

Message 203 of 253 (549 Views)

Hero

@73bb3ee9e874670awrote:

As an extra note to the whole can't eat food and drink at the same time, just tried it with yoghurt and milk, they cancelled each other out, both ended up in my sim's inventory.

Could you try this on a new save game for testing purposes ? You have no mods/cc ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 204 of 253 (519 Views)

Can't age up sims using the birthday cake

★★★★ Novice

Since the latest patch I cannot age up sims early using the birthday cake.

the option 'blow out candles' is not there at all.

I have no problem aging up babies or toddlers. When I want to age up a toddler I can select the option for a grown up sim to help a toddler blow out the candles. However, the 'blow out candles' option never shows up for any of my sims of all different age categories.

I've tried moving the cake to different surfaces, making another cake, leaving the lot and come back again, repairing my game through Origin and starting a birthday party. Nothing changes the fact that the option is gone. I now tried to age up the sims using the CAS cheat, but then the age bar doesn't reset and makes things complicated.

Anyone else having this problem or knows a better workaround? (I can of course wait until they age up naturally, but I am playing a challenge right now where it is vital to have this possibility)

Message 205 of 253 (497 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Are they Vampires? If so they are immortal and can't age once they are adult.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 206 of 253 (490 Views)

★★★★ Novice
No, just regular sims. Thank you for the response.
Message 207 of 253 (483 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Then it is most likely a Mods issue. So try removing any Mods/CC you have and try again.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 208 of 253 (478 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
I don't use any mods or cc
Message 209 of 253 (476 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Tjek to see in Settings if you by mistake turned off aging.

Message 210 of 253 (471 Views)