[ARCHIVED] Issues with Cheats

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Resetting Sims through shift-clicking

★ Novice

I know that the skills cheat is currently not working, but whenever I click tend garden , it says there are no plants that need tending but my plants are clearly dying ! This also started happening after the seasons patch. Are the Sim Gurus aware of this defect as well.??

Message 271 of 373 (550 Views)

Re: skills cheats not working?

★ Novice

i know mine aren't either

Message 272 of 373 (653 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Skill Cheat Problem

★★★ Novice

Okay, now I feel calmer. I thought my Mods broke my game because I'm having the same exact problem but it started like 4 days ago and I thought it was just me. I called 2 times already and they've sent me things on how to help but literally, I have deleted my origin folders, backed up my games, and it's still the same. But one of them said that this could possibly be a bug

Message 273 of 373 (639 Views)

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Issues with Cheats

@Lunatic_Talking @BlueJayDays23 @jennacr7

I merged your thread with the existing thread about that problem, you can find information about this problem in this thread. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 274 of 373 (619 Views)

★★★ Novice

I feel like you shouldn't have done that because if it's the problem is recent and there is attention on it, they would be aware and fix it faster

Message 275 of 373 (609 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Lunatic_Talking

The thread was in the wrong section anyway.

Furthermore, if you read this thread you will see that a lot of attention for this problem is very recent. Wink

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 276 of 373 (606 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@JSpurlock2773 wrote:

Are these cheats going to be fixed? 

MCCC has been updated I've fully testing it - for the moment the ONLY way to get skill cheats to work is with the MCCC mod. 

Message 277 of 373 (607 Views)

Hero

There was a patch.

They gave us back a few of the cheats but not all of them. Please use mods for all your other cheating needs.

Explanation from the Patch Notes

In the past, we accidentally made available several cheats that are meant for debugging and developing the game only. To be frank, the cheats are VERY dangerous and can have very unpredictable effects on your games. We took these cheats away to be safe. However, we took a few TOO many away. We have added the following cheats back:
stats.set_skill_level
stats.set_stat
sims.fill_all_commodities
stats.fill_commodities_household

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 278 of 373 (578 Views)

I am unable to use Skill Cheats and Add.Buff Cheats

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I own Parenthood, Get to Work, Jungle Adventure, Cats & Dogs, City Life, Dine Out. Get Together, Vampires, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat & Holiday Celebration Pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I DON'T KNOW.
What happens when the bug occurs? IT DOESN'T ALLOW ME TO USE SKILL CHEATS OR ADD.BUFF CHEATS.
What do you expect to see? I EXPECT THE SKILL CHEATS AND THE BUFF CHEATS TO WORK.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I bought & downloaded Parenthood.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have Get To Work, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Laundry Day, Jungle Adventure, Vampires, Spa Day, Holiday Celebration Pack & I just downloaded Parenthood about a week ago.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know.
What happens when the bug occurs? For some reason, ever since I bought and downloaded the Parenthood Expansion Pack, my cheats won't work. The Fill Motives Cheat works and the Money Cheats work, but the Skill Cheats and the Buff Cheats won't work at all. I have tried everything and they still don't work! I've tried Testingcheats true, I uninstalled the sims 4 and reinstalled it with all the expansions & packs, I've tried entering the cheat with different families in different locations. NOTHING WORKS! It's tolerable but a bit infuriating considering if I want to cheat, I should be able to because I have spent more than enough money on this game. I've clicked "Repair", the game is updated, I've tried every variation of the 'testingcheats', I got rid of all of my mods, everything, There is no reason why this should be happening. PLEASE HELP! THANK YOU!
What do you expect to see? I expect to use all the cheats available since I have spent a decent amount of money on this game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I bought and downloaded the Parenthood Expansion.

Message 279 of 373 (550 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@crinrict wrote:

There was a patch.

They gave us back a few of the cheats but not all of them. Please use mods for all your other cheating needs.

Explanation from the Patch Notes

In the past, we accidentally made available several cheats that are meant for debugging and developing the game only. To be frank, the cheats are VERY dangerous and can have very unpredictable effects on your games. We took these cheats away to be safe. However, we took a few TOO many away. We have added the following cheats back:
stats.set_skill_level
stats.set_stat
sims.fill_all_commodities
stats.fill_commodities_household

I just read the patch notes a little earlier...all I'm gonna say is WELP.

Message 280 of 373 (603 Views)