Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Issues with Cheats

by 789345126

Original Post

★★ Guide
Ugh! I was hoping I was doing something wrong but I guess they broke the cheats. I finally have a sim that made it to level 2 of cooking, but it took forever. The garden isn't really giving options for tending it either so they can't get to the higher gardening levels.
Message 171 of 373 (1,942 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

That doesn't make sense, I don't have Seasons yet and mine are still broke.  This update was completely forced (I usually play offline) and it screwed up everything.  I planned on getting the other expansions and stuff packs but I'm not wasting more money.  I've already been bent out of shape by having to use origin to play these games now this!

Crin, I know you don't work for EA but do you have a number any of us can call or something to contact someone who does?  No offense, I know you're trying to help but as you can see people are pissed off about this.

Message 172 of 373 (1,928 Views)

★★★★ Novice

That's because it didn't break with the release of the Seasons expansion it broke with the release of the Season update that came out on Tuesday (June 19). So even if you don't have Seasons if you installed the update (which Origin forces you to do) that's when it broke.

Message 173 of 373 (1,919 Views)

★ Novice
It's not fun having my sims raise kids when you can't skill cheat the toddlers/children. Their emotional ranges are fun to level up, but the toddler skills especially TAKE FOREVER to complete - literally several real hours and that's with neither parent or child sleeping round the clock skill leveling. i really hope they fix the skill cheats asap! seasons looks so much fun but i'm annoyed Frown
Message 174 of 373 (1,882 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Parenthood, Dine Out, and Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Simply go into live mode and Control Shift C and enter in a skill cheat (example: stats.set_skill_level AdultMajor_Guitar 10) but it will not up the skill level. 
What happens when the bug occurs? The skill level won't update and will just be normal
What do you expect to see? Entering the cheat but nothing changes
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It was after the June 19th 2018 update

On June 19th after my Sims was done updating, I wanted to play the sims. I opened up and started a new household, once I finished and placed the sims, I entered in the handiness skill cheat but nothing happened, another bug (it was fixed already) was the fire particles weren't posing up on the fireplace. Once I downloaded the Seasons Pack the fire place particles were fixed but the skill cheat wasn't. It won't work for toddlers, kids, teens, or any adult. I'm curious whether or not it's just me or they updated the skill cheat and I didn't read it. Thank you in advance! 

Message 175 of 373 (1,881 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

What to do know? To level up cheats working again ??

Message 176 of 373 (1,777 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The death cheats are not working... 

I have tried various cheats that I can find but at the moment the only cheats I can get to work are:

kaching

rosebud

motherlode

Aspirations.complete_current_milestone

Message 177 of 373 (1,692 Views)

★★★ Guide

resetsim firstname lastname did not work for me

Message 178 of 373 (1,613 Views)

Re: Cheats not working after June 19, 2018 update

★★★★★ Novice

me 2 and i hate it