Re: Reset object doesn't work

by BladexDragon

Original Post

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Issues with Cheats

★★★ Apprentice

After the latest pach I find out that testingcheats don’t work for me and same with resetsim. I play vanilla with all the packs installed. 

Message 101 of 373 (4,584 Views)

Hero

@GengarUsedLick wrote:

For me the only cheat that doesn't work is the reset sim cheat. I need it BAD these last days because the sims autonomy got real weird and you cannot reset them because the cheat doesn't even work... The game became barely playable. There's the hot tub glitch where the sims just reset themselves in the T position when I ask them to get out after woohooing, there's the glitch when the sim will just not move at all for hours (sims hours) because the animal he wanted to pet is leaving the lot, again, no reset sim cheat available. You have the clothesline glitch where the clothes are invisible, all the ingame lightning is weird for some reason, I can't see what are the types of plants in a spliced plant. It's a real mess in my (again) new save.

I recently started to play with 0 mod/cc but honestly, I had to put back MC Command Center because the game, like I said, became barely playable.

Resetsim is working fine for me. Are you using resetsim firstname lastname or resetObject on the Sim ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 102 of 373 (4,563 Views)

Champion

@a044ad5ba5a5e8fd, I was able to use the "kaching" cheat and the "bb.moveobjects on" cheat.  Have you tried those yet, and if so do they not work for you?Wondering

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 103 of 373 (4,552 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've been able to use most of the cheats. The problems I'm having is most used ones, like for an example: Skills, Pregnancy, Relationships, Friendships,and more I can't think of on the top of my head. Yes, I've been trying everything..... I've been reading all of these forums for hours and hours to get answers, none of them have worked so I have given up... Please help!

Message 104 of 373 (4,545 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@GengarUsedLick wrote:

For me the only cheat that doesn't work is the reset sim cheat. I need it BAD these last days because the sims autonomy got real weird and you cannot reset them because the cheat doesn't even work... The game became barely playable. There's the hot tub glitch where the sims just reset themselves in the T position when I ask them to get out after woohooing, there's the glitch when the sim will just not move at all for hours (sims hours) because the animal he wanted to pet is leaving the lot, again, no reset sim cheat available. You have the clothesline glitch where the clothes are invisible, all the ingame lightning is weird for some reason, I can't see what are the types of plants in a spliced plant. It's a real mess in my (again) new save.

I recently started to play with 0 mod/cc but honestly, I had to put back MC Command Center because the game, like I said, became barely playable.

I have the exact same problem. When I try to reset a sim it does absolutely nothing. I turned off all mods to test it and it still does not work. I use the function all the time so this is pretty annoying.

Message 105 of 373 (4,513 Views)

Champion

@NameFirstCows,  they need to get information of all of the cheats affected first, and then they can work out a solution.  Also, @crinrict has mentioned in the thread about the fireplaces not working since the same patch affected the cheats, that they are already planning to patch that, so they should be planning on fixing the cheats bug with that same patch that will fix the fireplaces. Standard smile   It just takes a little time. Wink

Message 106 of 373 (4,509 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@PugLove888Yup, tried them, no luck in getting them to work.

Message 107 of 373 (4,488 Views)

Champion

@a044ad5ba5a5e8fd, I'm sorry they don't work for you! Frown I have no idea why they work for me. Wondering  The only thing I can think of is that I don't use CC or Mods in my game, but I have no idea if you do or not! Raised eyebrow  

I did try some of the mood cheats, and those don't work for me, but Kaching and bb.moveobjects on do work in my game. 

Message 108 of 373 (4,482 Views)

★★ Pro

MOO and the money cheats also work for me, but skill cheats are definitely broken.

Message 109 of 373 (4,473 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

And, I found yet another problem the update broke in-game. At least once or twice a day, played Sims get stuck. ResetSim no longer works. The ONLY way to fix this (work around) is to save & exit to main menu -- then reload the game. 

Message 110 of 373 (4,458 Views)