Re: Limited Romance Interaction after Modifying Sim in CAS

by AmMc2013

Original Post

★★ Novice

As of today (it worked yesterday), with the Cats and Dogs expansion pack, the modify friendship relationship cheat is not working for me but the romance one is.  I even copied the romance one that worked and modified the word to friendship and it didn't work.  I am mod free, so I know its not a mod issue.

Message 11 of 373 (12,652 Views)

modifyrelationship cheat no longer fully working

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open the cheat console type testingcheats true and press enter Type modifyrelationship sim name1 sim name2 100 friendship_main and press enter sim name1 and sim name2 being the names of the two sims you wish to change.
What happens when the bug occurs? The relationships remain unchanged.
What do you expect to see? One of the sims should have a full green friendship bar with the other sims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed the Nov 7th patch, the Nov 9th patch and the Cats and Dogs expansion. Cheats was definitely working just prior to the Nov 7th patch and it is no longer working after the installation of Cat and Dogs.

Please not that modifyrelationship <sim name1> <sim name2> 100 romance_main still works.

Message 12 of 373 (12,556 Views)

Re: modifyrelationship cheat no longer fully working

★★★★ Apprentice

Interestingly the result of using the cheats to change the romamtic relationship has changed. Before if you used the cheats the relationship has only been changed for one of the sims and you had to repeat the cheats reversing the names to change it for the other but now both romance bars are filled at the same time. So the cheat has definitely been tweeaked, they just managed to break the friendship side at the same time.

Message 13 of 373 (12,523 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@SimGuruNick wrote:

We are unable to reproduce this as well, the cheat works fine for us. For clarification, here are instructions for this cheat:

First Turn on testingcheats true then type in the cheat below

The cheat is modifyrelationship YourSimFirst YourSimLast TargetSimFirst TargetSimLast (-)amount Track_Type

Example:

modifyrelationship Karlee Darnell Cassandra Goth 100 Friendship_Main

modifyrelationship Karlee Darnell Cassandra Goth 100 Romance_Main

I copied and pasted what you wrote there and substituted the names of my sims, it still doesn't work for friendship and works better than it used to for romance so obviously the cheat has been tweaked.

I will be totally gutted if you don't fix this.

Message 14 of 373 (12,512 Views)

★ Apprentice

This I used to do all the time, but after instal Cats & Dog doesn't work...

Message 15 of 373 (12,476 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
Modifyrelationship friendship as of November 11, 2017 is still not working for me. Hopefully this bug gets fixed soon.
Message 16 of 373 (12,445 Views)

Sims 4 Modifyrelationship (friendship) cheat not working?

★★★★ Novice
Curious to see if anyone is having the same problem as me.

Modifyrelationship cheat for friendship is not working, romance does as well as all other cheats.

Thanks in advance.
Message 17 of 373 (12,452 Views)

★★★ Newbie

pareil le code ne marche pas...

Message 18 of 373 (12,437 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Modifyrelationship (friendship) cheat not working?

Hero

@AmMc2013 yes it's broken. Known issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 373 (12,439 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

We're using the cheat correctly as its working as normal for romance relationships. It would be good if we could actually get this sorted so we can undo the damaged caused by the deleted relationship bug. Thanks

Message 20 of 373 (12,398 Views)