[OPEN] Wrong icon for the skirt recolor displayed

by jennola94

Original Post

Re: GTW - Male hairstyle causes a dent in forehead

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict

I apologize for not responding before now!

I can confirm that as of the [Update: 03/22/2016 – PC Version 1.16.61.1020 / Mac Version 1.16.61.1220], the original issue of this thread has been fixed.

It's possible that it was even fixed in the patch before this one but I wouldn't know as I have avoided this game since the 64-bit update because of the Shadow Movement Bug which has annoyed me to no end.

Either way my issue has been resolved. I can't speak for the female hairstyles that the other posters mentioned though.

Thank you and happy simming! Standard smile

-Snuddelhund

Message 21 of 134 (1,468 Views)

Hero

Thanks.

I've crossed off the dent bug

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 134 (1,455 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict @Snuddelhund I'm still having the issue with the male hair, I'm afraid. Frown

Message 23 of 134 (1,444 Views)

Hero

Always or under certain conditions ? Could you upload a Sim with the issue to the gallery

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 134 (1,432 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict

Upon further investigation, it appears that @pureedboot is right. I was again able to recreate the issues in CAS by manipulating the forehead of a sim.

It seems that I was just unable to see the dent due to lighting. I shall upload two versions of a sim that will be showcasing both issues momentarily. Standard smile

-Snuddelhund

Message 25 of 134 (1,421 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict

I have now uploaded sims as requested. If you go onto my gallery page (same username as on here) you'll be able to find two households called 'Dent' and 'Flicker'.

There might be two versions of the 'Flicker' household for some reason but any of them should do.

I don't know if this will be helpful or not but I study 3D modelling and it seems to me that this "dent" is caused by a misplaced vertex in the hair mesh, which appears to be stuck at a fixed position when you pull the forehead inwards but moves along when you pull the forehead outwards. Hope that can help shed some light on what's causing this issue.

-Snuddelhund

Message 26 of 134 (1,410 Views)

Hero

Thanks

I've removed the fixed from the list again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 134 (1,405 Views)

[OPEN] Wrong icon for the skirt recolor displayed

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello, this is a really minor bug I found after I downloaded the new patch on 6/2/2016. If you refer to the two images a skirt (a wrap type of skirt top right on images) from Cool Kitchen Stuff has the wrong icon for the recolor displayed. When I click the main skirt the green/white one displays. When I click the green/white option, the black/white one displays.

Message 28 of 134 (1,531 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Wrong icon for the skirt recolor displayed

[ Edited ]
Hero

This only happens for me if I choose a male Sim to wear the skirt.

Do you also have it on female Sims ?

@jennola94

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 134 (1,510 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] Wrong icon for the skirt recolor displayed

★★★★ Novice
When I play later I will look and see. It isn't a big deal but wanted it to bring it to everyone's attention. I believe this was a female sim I was just mixing and matching different gender clothing.
Message 30 of 134 (1,499 Views)