Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Inventory displays single items as multiple

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get togheter, Cats and dogs, get famous, city living, get to work, seasons, jungle adventure, strangerville, parenthood guide, vampires, dine out, spa day, outdoor retreat, laundry day, kids room stuff, bowling night, vintage glamour, romantic garden, movie hangout, spooky stuff, cool kitchen, perfect patio.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I dont know how it happend. Last thing i was doing was picking up a bunch of collectibles in the science career lot then returned to my apartment.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim inventory had a bunch of items and the items that are single objects just got labled with a "2" so it appears to be multiple objects. When i tried to sell one of the items it worked but i couldnt click or interact at all with the double that was left in the inventory and when i reload the lot it disapears from the inventory. But all the other objects which i only have one of still appears as 2.. It is possible all my inventory items got doubled and have this bug.
What do you expect to see? I expect that all my single items not to be marked as multiple because now i dont know what i can sell or not.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

https://youtu.be/7BbXdIcUaCQ

Message 1 of 15 (2,635 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Inventory displays single items as multiple

Hero
Archiving this thread with the new inventory update.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 15 of 15 (2,483 Views)

All Replies

Re: inventory displays single items as multiple

Hero

At what point did you remove your mods ? Once you had the issue or did the issue occur without any mods installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (2,554 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I removed them when the problem occured but it didnt help. I was only using this script mod to change career branch and the pufferhead harry potter stuff. It shouldnt interfere with inventory and i have had them for a while without problems. 

Edit: It somehow solved itself when i picked up a pet poop, Im not sure if thats what fixed it but my inventory is back to how it should be.. 

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 3 of 15 (2,549 Views)

Hero

Hi @Sekyria 

moving this to tech as it sounds like a random glitch or even mod caused.

I'll move it back if more people complain about this.

Glad you got it solved.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (2,532 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

it seems to be the "resetsim" cheat that fixes it! It happend again, after i came back from collecting stuff in the science career lot. With mods still inactivated.

Message 5 of 15 (2,521 Views)

Hero
Hm

Moving it back then

Can you try if you can duplicate it on a fresh save (just for testing)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (2,516 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Inventory displays single items as multiple

★ Guide

This happens to me too every time when I have the inventory open then travel. When I arrive at the new lot everything in the inventory seems to be double. But it resets if I close and reopen the inventory.

Message 7 of 15 (2,477 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Yes, things in the inventory also double for me as well upon arrival onto another lot. Unfortunately, sometimes the only fix for me is to reload the game. It depends on how much I have in there.
Message 8 of 15 (2,467 Views)

★ Guide

I would say, the safest thing to do is to close the inventory before traveling.

Message 9 of 15 (2,455 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have tried to recreate it in a new save but i havnt been able. I moved a sim to a lot and started the science carreer, nothing happens when i travel to another lot with the inventory open which some other simmers have figured out. This only happens in my old save file. 

Message 10 of 15 (2,445 Views)