Re: [OPEN] Interactions in queue won't clear from active tasks

by adimple79

Original Post

Re: [Bug] Resume writing in queue, unable to clear from active tasks

★★ Apprentice

I get never ending coffee brewing with the strange coffee cup icon even though it has brewed, the coffee pot not the new cafe machine, and been drunk.

I get watching current movie, even though the TV is off and no one is in the room. and some others as well.

I usually go into c.a.s to try on an outfit and it will dissapear but still comes back into  current game.

I have had these annoying problems since the update for movie stuff, so like an idiot I bought the pack to see if it would fix it. Didn't happen. I clear the cache regularly and repair game.

I have no mods or Custom Content

I also have all the strange Icons in inventory and in their thought bubbles when viewing the incorrect crafted or painted items.

I have started a new game and same glitches appear. I get sims sitting before tasks for no reason and travelling around the lot in a very convoluted way to peform an action.

Message 11 of 23 (3,430 Views)

Re: [Bug] Resume writing in queue, unable to clear from active tasks

EA Sims Team

Hello,

If anyone is still seeing this issue and is willing to send me a save file with it occurring, please PM me.

Thank you.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 12 of 23 (3,376 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a problem where my sim is stuck with the interaction of proposing at his queue. I cannot travel, change appearance, save, go into build mode, plan an event, and when I ask someone on a date (to travel) it automatically changes to "Chat with Sim". I'm stuck in the game!

Message 13 of 23 (3,336 Views)

Hero

Are you getting any error messages ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 23 (3,329 Views)

★★ Novice
I get the stuck icon when I'm cooking, if I have it running too fast, it gets stuck, so the cooking icon still shows up. And even if I cook something else later, the first icon still stays. The only way ice found to fix it is to save and exit to main menu (or the whole game, but that's too extensive a fix)
Message 15 of 23 (3,311 Views)

Hero

Travelling also doesn't get rid of it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 23 (3,306 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've run into a variety of these stuck interactions sitting in my queue, most of them social-type things but there have been other types too.  Traveling doesn't fix it, but it does seem to go away if I exit the game and come back.  Not sure what's causing it.

Message 17 of 23 (3,284 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This is exactly what I have been experiencing with several interactions.
One example was a toddler asking for food - and it was stuck there even after he
had food it stayed there untill I went out of the family and back in.
Later it happened with other interactions too.

I could still play the game - just annoying to look at the icon sitting there.

Message 18 of 23 (3,253 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've had this problem for as long as I can remember. Things just get stuck in my Sims' queue & I have to reset them or exit the game to clear it. It doesn't seem to interfere with new actions but it's really annoying.

It's usually social actions, but it can be anything & it affects every played Sim. I have it with & without mods.

Message 19 of 23 (3,223 Views)

Hero

And it doesn't go away if you travel ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 23 (3,218 Views)