[ARCHIVED] Instruments won't stay in inventory

by engramplays

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Instruments won't stay in inventory

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Since the update, if my sim uses an instrument that he or she takes out of their inventory, they just put it on the floor after use instead of returning it to their inventory like they used to do.

This happens on the home lot for the violin, guitar and keyboard. Sims only leave out the keyboard at community lots but do return the violin and guitar to their inventory.

Vanilla game, no mods. Checked by 2 people and happens to both of us, so it's not an issue localised just to my game. 

Message 1 of 7 (3,263 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Instruments won't stay in inventory

Hero
Going to Archive this thread.

New thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sims-take-items-in-their-inventory-and-don-t-put-them-back-aft...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (2,063 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Duplicated and added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (3,178 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am having a similar issue, except that it's not the sim family that I'm playing currently, as my current Sim household is not musically inclined.  

Still...

Violins and guitars are everywhere.  There are is an unusual phenomena of "instrument circles" appearing in my town in the artists quarter.

Message 3 of 7 (3,144 Views)

Hero

Yeah, there's another bug where the game creates a new instruments for every time they play.

Looks like you have a combination of the two

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (3,137 Views)

★★★ Guide

I was having the issue of Sims dropping guitars and violins near the busking stations even before the toddler/vampire patch, but not quite to the extent of the picture above. I've been having to use MC Command Center's debug options to delete them. Ever since the last updates though, it has gotten worse because where before I think it was only happening when something caused the busking Sim to reset for some reason, now Sims just don't want to put the instruments back in inventory at all so they're starting to pile up. 

This is in addition to the bug where the game generates new instruments on busking Sims every time they play is becoming a major problem and I imagine it's quite impossible to deal with for people who aren't using any mods. 

Message 5 of 7 (3,122 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrictengrampixels Yes, it's very annoying, especially when they leave a guitar or violin (crafted by their deceased grandpa) in a public place or at someone else's house. The finder can't really do anything with it except go into build and sell it.
Message 6 of 7 (2,497 Views)

Hero
Going to Archive this thread.

New thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sims-take-items-in-their-inventory-and-don-t-put-them-back-aft...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (2,064 Views)