[ARCHIVED] Incorrect suspect traits/Suspect doesn't show up

by rostsit

Original Post

Re: Detective Career

Champion

You don't need to quit, just ignore the clues if they are wrong and ask every sim you see in the area if they've seen the suspect. Eventually, someone will have seen them and point in their general direction. Just trust whatever they say.

If they can't help you, ask other people and then come back to them later, eventually their greyed out "Ask about suspect" interaction will reset and you can ask them again.

Note, the criminal suspect will lie to you if you ask them about the suspect. Occasionally, you will also see them doing a shifty worried looking side to side animation. If you do multiple APBs on different days, you may notice the same sim hanging around every APB locaiton, that's an indicator that they might be the criminal you're looking for.

Message 121 of 166 (1,144 Views)

Arresting ghost doesn't work

★★ Novice

I'm Playing the detective career and the case I'm on the suspect is a ghost, every time I arrest him it goes back to the police station, but he isn't there.  What do I do?

Message 122 of 166 (1,119 Views)

Re: Arresting ghost doesn't work

Hero

Hi @Reaper06ss

the police career is unfortunately rather bugged atm.

I've merged your thread with existing report on arresting suspects.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 123 of 166 (1,102 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Playing through the Detective career was a nightmare at times. All/most clues were incorrect, witnesses didn't have anything to say and suspects that vanished when going back to the police station. It is funny, though, as someone mentioned...you get the same sims showing up at crime scenes, APB's, patrols. Every time. I think of the 10-15 cases my detective had, I only arrested 3-4 different sims (Eliza Pancakes 4 times....)

After reading a lot of what other people had experienced and from my own game, I picked up a few tips to playing this career that actually made it playable.

- Issue APB, ask witnesses about the suspect. If they point you to someone, SAVE your game, then arrest. I pretty much ignored the clues at this point in the career (he was level 6 or 7) This method may take time, but at least you have a safety net so you don't lose work performance.

When I got really frustrated I just stayed in the station. Working out, Patrols and searching prisoners may not be the most interesting, but at least it doesn't take much time and performance goes up. Sending your sim alone to work, was also one of the tips I got, but I never did.

Message 124 of 166 (1,095 Views)

★ Novice
Two years have passed and this is still isn't fixed. How?
Message 125 of 166 (1,057 Views)

Hero

Well, that's not exactly right. It's been less cause there was an issue in the beginning that was different from the current one, then they fixed it and later on broke something else. This thread is a bit of recycling.

But yeah, I agree, it would be nice to have it fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 126 of 166 (1,056 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am having an additional problem where my arrested ghost won't show up at the police station for interrogation.   I then have to re-issue an APB and look for a new suspect.  And yes, none of my suspects match my list of clues, lol!   But I have found if I "ask about suspect" my arrest rate is quicker and higher, except for the ghosts...

Message 127 of 166 (1,034 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Nobody is helping me find the suspect. It's getting ridiculous. Why is this not fixed yet?????

Message 128 of 166 (997 Views)

Hero

Hi @KyaraRose

since this is an open bug, there's only the solutions in this thread that might help but I would recommend not playing the career until the bug is fixed or just send them alone. I know it's no fun but that's the best you can do until this bug finally gets fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 129 of 166 (993 Views)

Detective Career: I can't arrest anyone

★★★ Newbie
So my sim is in the detective career and about to get a promotion but he has to arrest someone but no one matches the clues exactly and I have no idea what to do someone please help me and I've tried arresting people close to the clues but I just lose performance and it is really annoying me!!
Message 130 of 166 (880 Views)