[ARCHIVED] Incorrect suspect traits/Suspect doesn't show up

by rostsit

Original Post

Re: [GTW] Incorrect suspect traits

Hero

Great to hear.

Would be interesting to know if it also works for ghosts now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 166 (3,319 Views)

Sims 4 Get to work detective

★★★ Novice

I have had this problem for a while now I thought it would be fixed with the latest patch but it's not. After issuing an APB and going to where the suspect is spotted after looking both inside and out as far as I can move the camera no suspect fitting the description is around. I have tried with and without mods it's the same thing. I will normally wait all day until it's time for the work day to end and still no one shows up. How do I fix this?

Message 22 of 166 (3,320 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Get to work detective

Hero

@princesslove84 That is supposed to be fixed. Did you get the suspect pre- or post patch ? What are your clues ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 166 (3,310 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I save and quit but the career isn't where I left off. 

The case I was having trouble with the clues were:

Teen

Male 

Red hair

Short sleeved shirt

Jeans

I couldn't find any red hair male teens. Teens are hard enough to find without them being suspects (just saying)

Message 24 of 166 (3,304 Views)

Hero

So still issues with teens.

I'm not sure I understand you right so, you started collecting the clues before the patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 25 of 166 (3,295 Views)

Imposible case detective career

★ Novice
I think i have a glich
My sim is in the detective career, he got his first case, but when he issues the apb I can never find the suspect! I get the clues male, teen, red hair, ambitious and wearing slacks
It is an impossible task and he can move on on his career
Message 26 of 166 (3,288 Views)

Re: Imposible case detective career

Hero

@sreyesillanes

Did you get that case before or after the May Patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 166 (3,277 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I figure my problem is not "quite" what you guys have, but I think its related... like another facet to the same disease. I think you're dead on with the townie cycling.

I'm working my 2nd case (yeah, I savor and have little time) under the detective profession and I was stuck in a never-ending loop on the "Issue ABP" option. I finally have to crash it.

Here's the thing. I'm the one who also does housekeeping on the townies. I don't like mass creations of the same thing, so I will intermittently go in and thin it out.

1. started case as detective, gathered evidence, work day ended

2. Probably cleaned some townies about here

3. went back to work on the same case from the day before, had enough details for the APB, hung for 3 hours and never moved.

I really didn't think it would have a major affect, just respawn or reassign the culprit to a remaining sim, but apparently they did not anticipate that.

Message 28 of 166 (3,224 Views)

Hero

Not sure I understand you right but you're saying you probably delete your suspect and now you have can't solve the case ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 166 (3,219 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem about the investigator who downloaded from gallery.

I download and place a made investigator in the second half June. investigator has 6 suspect features in a phone (blonde/slacks/jackets/loner/male/adult), and wherever he goes, can't find it.

quit and recruit is solve in my case, but  I hope to have a command like "resign from case(or somewhat more smart sentence)" in game. Wondering

Message 30 of 166 (3,120 Views)