[ARCHIVED] Incorrect suspect traits/Suspect doesn't show up

by rostsit

Original Post

Detective Career

★★★ Novice

Hey. I have a problem with the detective's career. I collect all the evidence. Issue orientation. But, when I throw on the location, there is no suspect, which meets the found signs. I already tried to dismiss the Sim from work and re-arrange, tried to walk for several days, but the result is the same, there is no suspect.

Message 111 of 166 (2,308 Views)

Re: Same problem

★★★★ Novice

Same problem here! I downloaded the expansion pack yesterday, not even a day ago, and I started playing and I tried to catch two suspects but never found them.

The first suspect was a young adult with a short sleeve shirt, but there was only a long sleeved shirt guy so I didn't dare arrest him.

The second suspect was also a young adult with shorts and only guys in jeans and women in skirts showed up. Didn't arrest anybody.

The minute the shift ended I took my sim back home and have him quit this job. Now he's in the tech guru career.

I am sick of this game, I've had it for only 3 weeks exactly and I spent as much time on the forums looking for solutions to all of my problems, which are too many, as I spend playing the game Disappointed

Message 112 of 166 (2,294 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Incorrect suspect traits/Suspect doesn't show up

★★★ Newbie

My clues said female, blonde, skirt, geek, adult, wearing jacket.

It turned out to be a young adult male with black hair. The only clues that matched were "jacket" and "geek".

Message 113 of 166 (2,266 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I've had this problem too, was looking for teen/brown hair/art lover/blouse/slacks/female. Every day the apb brought me to a different place and Sims would say she's over there and point, but nobody was there and it was always different directions. On the third day a sim said that's her there, and pointed at my Sims mother! I arrested her and she confessed. I did have to edit her early in my game, but only because it didn't let me pick a third trait when she became a young adult, but she was a created from scratch sim, not a townie. She has always had red hair, only ever worn skirts and dresses, and never had art lover trait, and she was still a young adult because she is a vampire. That does explain her being hard to track down, because when I'm playing the detective, her son, the game makes her always move as a bat, so when you get to where she was she is on the other side of the map. Also of note is she is one of the four or five Sims that are always witnesses at the crime scene. My witnesses are always the same Sims, and I think it's been twice now that one of the witnesses has been the criminal.
Message 114 of 166 (2,236 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I had this very problem just last night. See linked image below.

Redheaded adult female wearing slacks and a jacket.

Yeah... I don't think so. For the record, he's a young adult. So he only fits the "slacks" clue.

This is a new save, this sim's third day on the job (ie. first "real" case after the tutorial, she gathered evidence on day 2, issued the APB on day 3). Right now I can't remember if the tutorial case results in evidence being put into the sim's inventory so that may or may not have been in there. I will now delete all old evidence and see how she fares on her next case.

Also, as Wikid noted above about their game, this sim was the witness at each of the 2 crime scenes (both tutorial AND sim's first real case). He's rather distinctive so I clearly remember him being at both crime scenes.

Mods: None

EP/GP/SP: everything, updated to latest patch

Message 115 of 166 (2,191 Views)

Re: Detective Career

★ Novice

I've had the same problem. With my sim's first case (level 1 or 2)  the clues were something like red hair, male, teen, loner, jacket, jeans. The suspect I finally managed to arrest (after multiple attempts) was a female adult with a skirt. None of the clues matched the suspect. HOWEVER, now that my sim's been promoted a couple of times and is now level 4 in the detective career, the suspect met ALL the 6 clues. So maybe it's just a feature in the game that when your sim is a new detective the clues won't match but eventually when they become better detective they'll be able to find the correct clues.

Message 116 of 166 (2,179 Views)

No suspect at APB locations

★★ Novice

I'm not sure if this is a known glitch, but I have my sim in the detective career.  I'm working on a case and the last thing I did was arrest the grim reaper.  Ever since then, when I put out the APB, I get nothing.  I remember what the description was but there is no sim with that description in the area.  Any ideas what to do and how to fix it?

Message 117 of 166 (2,181 Views)

Re: No suspect at APB locations

Hero

Hi @Reaper06ss

I merged your post with exiting bug report on the issue

It's a known issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 118 of 166 (2,169 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Unfortunately this is not the case for me. My sim was level 5. Got the case, analyzed the clues, all that good stuff. My suspect was supposed to be a loner, teen, female , wearing a skirt, wearing a blouse, red hair. Not a single sim matched this description. I went back 3 different days to try and find this person. In the end I got fired. I will say this though. Right after promotions most/all of the clues are right. This was my sims 2nd case after promotion. The first case was a breeze. No problems with identifying the suspect. 

Message 119 of 166 (2,157 Views)

★★ Novice

I started the Detective Career about 3 days ago.  I am also having a problem finding a suspect.  I have been putting out APB's, arresting people that match most of the clues, going to crime scenes, going on patrol, all in the hopes of finding the suspect or at least starting a new case.  No luck.  I am about to quit the Detective Career and then get the job back. I posted on the Sims Forum hoping to find some help and Rosemow gave me the link to this website.  I appreciate her and Crin for their help. 

Message 120 of 166 (2,133 Views)