★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue.

Message 151 of 166 (1,957 Views)

Incorrect suspect traits/Suspect doesn't show up

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? city living, get to work, parenthood, outdoor retreat, luxury stuff, free holiday pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have police officer do an APB after collecting all evidence possible
What happens when the bug occurs? None of the clues match the actual criminal. I've had readheaded young adult female wearing a skirt wind up being a balding adult male with a hoodie and pants. Redhead angry teen boy with tank top and slacks was Mortimer Goth in his suit. Brown hair young adult female materialistic in specific clothes was an adult woman with different hair and clothes
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the actual suspect matching the clues I found and not have to randomly try arresting people until I stumble on the right person
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. issues started showing up after the latest update you guys did on 8/22 ‌

Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? city living, get to work, parenthood, outdoor retreat, luxury stuff, free holiday pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have police officer do an APB after collecting all evidence possible
What happens when the bug occurs? None of the clues match the actual criminal. I've had readheaded young adult female wearing a skirt wind up being a balding adult male with a hoodie and pants. Redhead angry teen boy with tank top and slacks was Mortimer Goth in his suit. Brown hair young adult female materialistic in specific clothes was an adult woman with different hair and clothes
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the actual suspect matching the clues I found and not have to randomly try arresting people until I stumble on the right person
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. issues started showing up after the latest update you guys did on 8/22

Message 152 of 166 (1,917 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Incorrect suspect traits/Suspect doesn't show up

Hero

Hi @sub0chick

I've merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 153 of 166 (1,902 Views)

★★★ Novice

Haven't tried the detective career since the game was first released (was too bugged) and wow it's even more impossible than it was way back then. Others have explained the exact bugs I'm having too.

APB option won't show up. I went to many crime scenes, testing evidence, and ended up with a notebook list that highly contradicted itself and wouldn't give the option to put out an APB. The list was Red Head, Teen, Female, Skirt, Young Adult, Slacks, Hates Children, Adult, Male, Short Sleeve shirt and on and on. Couldn't find such a Sim.... 

Clues aren't matching either. I've arrested over 20 Sim (and cheating to promote myself after being demoted from arresting too many wrong Sims) Even arresting the only person in my Sim's huge friend list that hates children (one of the "clues") wasn't the right suspect. The ONLY time I've been able to arrest the right Sim was when I had a notebook that said it was a Blond, Female, Adult, Insane. The Sim it finally accepted was an Elder Male that didn't have the insane skill who only popped up the forth or fifth time I put out an APB.

Can't really say if this got worse before or after the most recent patch, since I avoided the career after having issues with it before.

Message 154 of 166 (1,784 Views)

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? city living, get to work, parenthood, outdoor retreat, luxury stuff, free holiday pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have police officer do an APB after collecting all evidence possible
What happens when the bug occurs? None of the clues match the actual criminal. I've had readheaded young adult female wearing a skirt wind up being a balding adult male with a hoodie and pants. Redhead angry teen boy with tank top and slacks was Mortimer Goth in his suit. Brown hair young adult female materialistic in specific clothes was an adult woman with different hair and clothes
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the actual suspect matching the clues I found and not have to randomly try arresting people until I stumble on the right person
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. issues started showing up after the latest update you guys did on 8/22 ‌

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? city living, get to work, parenthood, outdoor retreat, luxury stuff, free holiday pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have police officer do an APB after collecting all evidence possible
What happens when the bug occurs? None of the clues match the actual criminal. I've had readheaded young adult female wearing a skirt wind up being a balding adult male with a hoodie and pants. Redhead angry teen boy with tank top and slacks was Mortimer Goth in his suit. Brown hair young adult female materialistic in specific clothes was an adult woman with different hair and clothes
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the actual suspect matching the clues I found and not have to randomly try arresting people until I stumble on the right person
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. issues started showing up after the latest update you guys did on 8/22

Message 155 of 166 (1,705 Views)

★★★ Novice

Platform: PC

English

APB completely did not match suspect

APB: female, teen, red hair, short sleeves, slacks, materialistic

actual criminal: male, young adult, black hair, long sleeves, pants, does not have materialistic trait

I have no mods installed, nor any custom content

I am new to playing Sims 4 and the career expansion so don't know when bug started

Message 156 of 166 (1,656 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Incorrect suspect traits/Suspect doesn't show up

★★★ Newbie

I'm also experiencing all of the issues previously mentioned by people before me. I've had GTW since release and I don't recall these issues being this critical back then. 

Message 157 of 166 (1,626 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hmmm... Is there a point posting that I have the same issue as well? My very first Arrest I did blindly, because the clues did not match the suspect at all. Fortunately for me I caught the right person because when I interviewed the other people around, they literally pointed the person. Who was not wearing jeans, a teen nor had brown hair. The second I had the same experience. The third was right though-- kinda. It said the suspect was supposedly male, but turned out to be a female. All other evidence seemed right though. Wouldn't have suspected still without asking other sims in the area, who will say something like: "Isn't that her right there".

PS: 

I play on PC, and no CC in my game. 

Message 158 of 166 (1,564 Views)

Re: Detective Career: Can't arrest correct suspect

★★★ Novice

So I have started for the detective carreer for the first time after years of playing.

But there is a huge bug!

I have all the leads to the suspect. But there is no way to find the suspect!

It is alway a completly different person!

My clues where young adult, female, brown hair, wears skirt, wears blouse.

After searching for days, and sims pointing me in the direction. It turns out to be a adult male!? Like WHAT?

Message 159 of 166 (1,489 Views)

★ Novice

I see a lot of bug-reporting, but has anyone actually got a fix? Or is this just a thing we can  never expect to be solved?
Has there been any replies form actual EA-staff?

So just to be clear... This bug still occurs in the game!
-Em

Message 160 of 166 (1,459 Views)