Original Post

Re: Bug report/please help

Hero

Hi @Streetfightergir

merged our post with existing bug report on the issue

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 141 of 166 (1,429 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Incorrect suspect traits/Suspect doesn't show up

★★★★ Apprentice

I am having the same issues as everyone else in the Police Career. There is no one matching the description of the suspect and no one to arrest. It's such a waste of Sim time and human time trying to figure it out. 
I cannot believe this issue has been around since 2015 and there has been no patch/update yet. 

Message 142 of 166 (1,382 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I played GTW careers when the game first came out, but this time, this is the first for me. My sim who is a cop, got fired on his third day of work because I followed the clues and tried to make the arrest. He made four wrong arrests and was let go. I got him rehired as a cop, the second time he went to make an arrest, the clues said that it was a female teen, wearing a skirt, and blouse, was evil, and had brown hair.

I had assumed to was Darling, but it wasn't, turned out it was Cassandra Goth. Who was not wearing a skirt, and did not have brown hair. Now it's been four sim days, and my cop can't find his new suspect. This is very frustrating. And I don't understand if this has been a bug since 2015, why hasn't it been fixed yet? *sigh*

Message 143 of 166 (1,329 Views)

★★★ Novice
Are they ever going to fix this glitch?! I love the detective career but this bug makes it impossible to play.
Message 144 of 166 (1,251 Views)

Hero

I sure hope so but unfortunately, there's never an ETA on bug fixes.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 145 of 166 (1,244 Views)

★★★ Novice

I also have this bug, but it seems to occur only when pieces of evidence from previous cases get reused in new cases for me.

For example: I start a case and gather around 10 pieces of evidence, I make 6 of them (Max amount) into clues and add them to the board, using these clues I resolve the case. After this case I get a new assignment and use the 4 left over pieces of evidence with 2 new ones to make clues, and 4 of the clues appear to be wrong.

It might be a coincidence, but so far this has worked for me, hopefully this helps someone.

Message 146 of 166 (1,159 Views)

★★★★ Pro

If that was true, it would be a sensational workaround. This could also explain why the first suspect in the career seems to be always correct. 

Message 147 of 166 (1,137 Views)

Champion

@WarriorXK wrote:

I also have this bug, but it seems to occur only when pieces of evidence from previous cases get reused in new cases for me.

For example: I start a case and gather around 10 pieces of evidence, I make 6 of them (Max amount) into clues and add them to the board, using these clues I resolve the case. After this case I get a new assignment and use the 4 left over pieces of evidence with 2 new ones to make clues, and 4 of the clues appear to be wrong.

It might be a coincidence, but so far this has worked for me, hopefully this helps someone.

It sounds like coincidence, because after each case is closed I destroy all old evidence and pick up fresh ones from the crime scene.

I still get completely wrong clues, e.g. I was told to look for a blonde young adult male wearing slacks and the criminal was a dark haired female teen in cropped leggings.

Message 148 of 166 (1,114 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the same issues as everyone else.

One time I tried saving and exiting to the main menu before I issued an APB, then reloaded and issued it right away, and then the suspect showed up that matched everything. Though I've tried that again since and it didn't solve the issue, so I'm not sure if it was just a coincidence or what.

I end up issuing an APB, pausing the game and look if there's anyone matching, if there isn't I just immediately leave and try again now, but that isn't really working either. At least I get some quest progress though each time I issue a new one.

Seems like this issue has been going on for more than 2 years now, and there's 15 pages of replies of people having the same issue. So why hasn't it been fixed yet?

Message 149 of 166 (1,095 Views)

★ Apprentice

After issuing an APB, and going to the site where the "suspect" is spotted, there is no person on the lot that matches the clues I have. There was one female Sim that matched the clues, but when I attempted to arrest her, a dialog box displayed saying "Unlawful Arrest" and she doesn't match the clues given, which she actually did. - JTL 08/21/2017

Message 150 of 166 (1,076 Views)