Re: [OPEN] Incorrect suspect traits/Suspect doesn't show up

by AcaciaCEJ

Original Post

★★★ Novice
Are they ever going to fix this bug?! It's just like when the patients kept doing the T-pose after each interaction in the doctor career (aka super annoying)
Message 101 of 166 (1,444 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have a new version of the suspect problem. My detective Sim found the right suspect and arrested him. Back at the police station, however, there was no sign of that suspect. Instead, a child was with my Sim, and this child was identified as the suspect. When my Sim clicks on the table to interrogate the suspect, a picture of the child shows up. 

I've tried repairing my game, but that didn't work. I don't have any mods or CC.

Message 102 of 166 (1,431 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @MVWdeZT

Would you be happy to share you save with us to test this issue? If so please identify your documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves folder and follow the instructions here to upload it.

Thank you for any information you can provide. 

Message 103 of 166 (1,413 Views)

★★★ Guide
I'm having this issue. At one point my teen suspect was male & female. I ended up quitting the career as it was impossible!
Message 104 of 166 (1,405 Views)

★★★ Novice

@IrishMadCat_EA, After 3 days with the same child showing up, I had my Sim quit the career, so I'm not sure that my current save would be a help. What would help would be a way to abandon a case if it glitches and your Sim can't complete it. (No glitches at all would be great, too, but that might be unrealistic).

Message 105 of 166 (1,396 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@MVWdeZT Thank you for the update.  Thanks for the feedback.

@AcaciaCEJ Do you have a current save showing this you would be happy to upload? 

Message 106 of 166 (1,390 Views)

Hero

@MVWdeZT wrote:

@IrishMadCat_EA, After 3 days with the same child showing up, I had my Sim quit the career, so I'm not sure that my current save would be a help. What would help would be a way to abandon a case if it glitches and your Sim can't complete it. (No glitches at all would be great, too, but that might be unrealistic).

There is a way to get a new case but you'll need to use cheats

1. Make sure testing cheats is still active and if not, reactivate it then shift-click on your Sim.
  2. Choose: Detective Day EventDEBUG: Get New Case Event (this will give you a new case)
  3. Shift-Click on your Sim again and choose: Detective Day EventDEBUG: Apprehend Suspect Event (this will give you two new clues to the new suspect)
  4. Add new clues to the board and do whatever you normally do to get new clues. If necessary, travel to the crime scene again. The old ones will stay in your notebook. Ignore them. Only the new ones count. Keep continuing to get clues until you have at least 3 or 4 new clues
  5. Issue another APB and go find your new suspect

This is from a longer set of instructions for this issue here: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2016/01/arrested-suspect-cant-be-found-at-police-station/ so maybe it's not complete but it should work along these lines.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 107 of 166 (1,386 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide
Sadly no as I made a new game - sorry next time I will save a save file. I never thought!
Message 108 of 166 (1,383 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Is anyone still seeing the child suspect issue? Does anyone have a save they are willing to upload which shows the issue as per the instructions here

Message 109 of 166 (1,323 Views)

Same problem

★★★ Newbie
I have the same problem, the 2 firts cases work and then I find no one with the description.. it's getting really annoying, I've tried everything..
Message 110 of 166 (1,283 Views)