Get to Work - Police Station Glitches

by ljcaldas48

Original Post

Get to Work - Police Station Glitches

★ Novice

The police carreer is not working. When I go to find the suspect I can't find them. It describes the suspect as red headed teen with Materialistic trait but I can't find her to arrest her. Decided to play a new game and join law enforcement but when he goes to the crime scene there are no clues. Is this a known issue?

Message 71 of 166 (1,858 Views)

Re: Get to Work - Police Station Glitches

Hero

Hi @ljcaldas48

yes it is

Merged with bug report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 72 of 166 (1,848 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Incorrect suspect traits/Suspect doesn't show up

★★★ Newbie

I'm having same issue. At first it was irritating, thought it was a one time thing but now it's with every case. I don't know if the clues are outright wrong or what but when I do the APB and go to the location and find the matching suspect it's never right. I get the unlawful arrest. First time this happened I saved right before I arrested someone, wrong one, exited out without saving, went back in and tried a different sim and that worked. Next time I tried to save, arrest (got it wrong) go back in and arrest the next sim I came across but it reset the sims so they were completely different so I can't get around it that way. Only option I see is try to arrest everyone til I get the right one but then I'd lose my performance! SO please can anyone offer some insight? I love this game and it's impossible for me to get angry but this is greatly frustrating me and making the game not fun anymore.

Message 73 of 166 (1,843 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm having same problem and arrested absolutely different person who doesn't much description. I'm just keep guessing who the hack can it be LOL

Message 74 of 166 (1,772 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have to say it stinks that after almost two years, the problem still exists.  Did EA just give up on it?  =\

Message 75 of 166 (1,761 Views)

Hero

It's actually not two years.

This issue has evolved over time. It was there in a light form at the beginning, mostly with teens and ghosts which was resolved. Now it's come back in a bit of a different form being completely borked. Maybe I should have made a new thread ..

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 76 of 166 (1,758 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ah, that makes sense because I did play detective briefly a long time ago and don't remember having the problem.  I stayed away from the active careers until there was a challenge to do them and then came across the bug.  Having the bug while trying to play against other simmers in a competition can be quite frustrating!!

Message 77 of 166 (1,744 Views)

★ Guide

I'm having a similar issue. My suspect was:

A teen

Female

Red hair 

Loner

Wearing jeans

Wearing a jacket

On patrol I found a girl matching this, except her hair was brown. I arrested her and lost performance because she was the wrong person, but nobody else even came close. By then my work day was over, so the next day the APB sent me to a different location with the exact same clues. Nobody there matched at all. This happened for 3 more Sim days until I gave up and switched careers because I couldn't advance and was only bringing home $52.00/day. You can't even skip the patrol part and just fill career goals at the station because they all focus around interrogating and arresting the person you arrest off the APB and the game won't let you use any of the criminals already in the cells. I tried.

Message 78 of 166 (1,724 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm also having this issue.

I have no CC, and I only got the get to Work DLC recently with today being my first real shot at the detective career.

The first suspect i arrested did not fit the description I was given perfectly, but the game allowed me to make the arrest anyways (that being, the suspect did not have one of the traits she was supposed to have), naturally after that I was surprised to find out that the proper way for these quests to go is that the suspect should match the description exactly.

Currently the game wants me to find a red-headed, young adult male with a jacket and shorts as well as the self-assured trait. I've done three APBs all of which sending me to the same location, with give or take all the same sims showing up each time.

After trying Origin's repair option, a sim I don't remember seeing at the location was there. Two details were incorrect, he had black hair, and no jacket but he was apparently the suspect.

Message 79 of 166 (1,709 Views)

★ Novice

I also have this issue. I haven't played the detective career so I tried it out yesterday and noticed I can't find the person I need to arrest, all the clues I get on the Notebook fit only one person on the lot I get given to go to and it's not them >.<

When I try and ask NPC's if they know anything about the suspect sometimes they don't say anything or point to someone that isn't there. I don't have any custom content or Mods so I'm completely stumped. I really want to play the detective career Frown

Message 80 of 166 (1,688 Views)