Re: [OPEN] Incorrect suspect traits/Suspect doesn't show up

by Ziafar

Original Post

Re: THE SIMS 4 GET TO WORK DETECTIVE DONT FIND THE SUSPECT

★ Guide

I have had the following issues, all after the October patch. I have no mods in my Sims 4 game.

• Don Lothario, a Sargent, was assigned Rookie duties on his first day at work.
  • While on Patrol, another Detective was unable to issue Citations to Sims who were fighting. He was, however, able to issue a Citation to a plain-clothes Officer and did.
  • There were insufficient Clues on the sight for the investigation. However, the Detective was able to take plenty of photographs.
  • It took three days to interrogate the Suspect. In the mean time, the Detective was unable to take bathroom and meal breaks unless he wanted to release the Suspect.

I have had other gameplay issues unrelated to the Detective career, as well.

Message 51 of 166 (2,042 Views)

Re: [FEEDBACK] Incorrect suspect traits/Suspect doesn't show up

★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:

@WizardOfRoz

Do you maybe have a before arresting save you could share ?

Hey Crinrict~  No.  I'm sorry I don't.  :/  But the next time I play that game file I will try to remember to grab it.  (before an arrest)

Message 52 of 166 (2,031 Views)

Hero

@sleekoduck87 wrote:

I have had the following issues, all after the October patch. I have no mods in my Sims 4 game.

• Don Lothario, a Sargent, was assigned Rookie duties on his first day at work.
  • While on Patrol, another Detective was unable to issue Citations to Sims who were fighting. He was, however, able to issue a Citation to a plain-clothes Officer and did.
  • There were insufficient Clues on the sight for the investigation. However, the Detective was able to take plenty of photographs.
  • It took three days to interrogate the Suspect. In the mean time, the Detective was unable to take bathroom and meal breaks unless he wanted to release the Suspect.

@sleekoduck87 wrote:

Sometimes they aren't that plainly visible. You have to search for them first. There should be interactions on the ground to search for them.

Other than that: Are you using mods in your game ?

Also please make one post per bug.  This thread is about not being able to find a suspect.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 53 of 166 (2,022 Views)

Active detective career

★★★★★ Novice

In the sims 4 get to work in the detective career there is no suspect to arrest no one ever fits the description. I just started having this issue its very frustrating please help!!! 

Message 54 of 166 (2,010 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have no mods in my game at all this just started happening to me

Message 55 of 166 (2,001 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have been having this problem since the 27th october patch. When my Sim who works as a policeman launches a search warrant he almost never finds a suspect corresponding to the clues he has found. Sometimes he does find a match but when arrested the person claims that she is not guilty. Sometimes I will arrest the only person not being a member of one of the families in the game even if that person does not really correspond and she will be the culprit. I have just completely deleted my game and downloaded it again. So it is a fresh game and I have not replaced my mods.

Message 56 of 166 (1,957 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It was my sim's third case that this happened: adult male, insane, red hair, short-sleeved shirt. After three days of work of not finding him, and my job performance declining quickly, I finally went out on my day off and found him in five minutes. I even did the "get to know" interaction and discovered that he was insane. I went back out to work twice, and he was no where to be seen. I went through an hour-long chat session with IT support on Origin, troubleshooting, and it ended with me landing here. I've accepted there's nothing I can do at this point.

Message 57 of 166 (1,935 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi, all.

I see this problem isn't just me but I had an idea and don't know how to do it: is there a way to cancel an ongoing case and request a new one? Or am I going to have to quit the career? It's very frustrating to never have a suspect.

Message 58 of 166 (1,848 Views)

Hero

I think you can just try to arrest whoever and you might get lucky.

You can end a case with cheats: Testingcheats, then right click on the Sims should give you options for the career

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 59 of 166 (1,842 Views)

Detective carreer - problem with arresting suspects

★★★★ Novice

There is a problem with the detective carreer. Since a few weeks, arresting a suspect has been very difficult. When my detective gets to the scene where he should be able to arrest someone, there is nobody who matches the description. If my sims asks around for the suspect, the other sim points at a ghost. My sims arrest the ghost, but cannot interrogate him when he gets to the police station. The following day, my sim goes to the scene again and again finds nowbody that matches the description. Again he asks around and gets pointed at a sim. Again my sim arrests the suspect. Now he us able to interrogate upon arrival at the police station. Bottem lines is my sims always loosed 1 day because he has te arrest a ghost first and the next day, he has to ask around and guess who is the suspect because the discreption doesn't macth the suspect at all.

I have no mods or cc.

Message 60 of 166 (1,828 Views)