by crinrict

Original Post

Re: THE SIMS 4 GET TO WORK DETECTIVE DONT FIND THE SUSPECT

Hero

Is anyone still seeing this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 41 of 166 (1,600 Views)

Detective: cannot find suspect after APB

★ Novice

I am a detective and I have finished gathering all the clues> I have been issuing a APB for the last several days of work and I cannot find the suspect at the scene where they take me. I ask people and they either say that they have seen that person over there but there is no one matching the description or that they thought they saw them but they may have left. I'm not sure what to do because I can't go forward without completing the case. Please help

Message 42 of 166 (1,582 Views)

Re: Detective: cannot find suspect after APB

Hero

Willing to share your save game ?

If so, please zip up this folder: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves and drop the file to this Mediafire-Link to upload.

Please make sure to name the zip file with your user file.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 43 of 166 (1,572 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I didn't have this issue until the update for City Living. I was just playing the other day and had no issue. New update, now I have this issue.

Message 44 of 166 (1,576 Views)

Hero

So you can't find the Sim on the lot where he's supposed to be ?

@Hysiq

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 45 of 166 (1,565 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

No, I could not. I realized it may have been mods.

I had MC Command Center installed and obviously the update disabled it. It's the only script mod I run. So I played the game without the mod. I tried to find the suspect, one fit everything but the trait and was incorrect. I decided to update the mod. This time it took me to a different lot with someone that fit the description entirely. I tried arresting the suspect and got a wrongful arrest. I got frustrated and just tried to arrest everyone in sight. I finally got someone and this suspect only fit one of the clues. 

I've not gotten far enough in a new case to see if this happens again and as you see I'm not sure if it was the mod, the update or something else entirely. 

Message 46 of 166 (1,554 Views)

Hero

Reports here should always be on vanilla games, especially shortly after new patches.

I am keeping an eye on this though as it does still seem to happen occasionally.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 47 of 166 (1,547 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ok, it was vanilla when it was happening.  Although I'm not sure if having mods previously installed would have affected it, so I mentioned it.

Thanks Crinrict! 

Message 48 of 166 (1,543 Views)

Re: [FEEDBACK] Incorrect suspect traits/Suspect doesn't show up

★ Apprentice

I posted this on the Sims forum and I was asked to post my issue here, so here yah go.

I HAVE repaired (several times actually), I have done the vanilla game. (moving the Sims 4 file out and letting the game generate all new files) ... and I have NO mods or CC in my game.

My issue has been since the October 2016 patch. A sim began the Detective career, and after finding clues, analyzing evidence and such... she issued the APB. The suspect clues (YA, female, geek, wearing tank top and jeans - for example) on more than one occasion - have been completely wrong. The sim she finally arrested didn't match ANY of the clues.

Message 49 of 166 (1,522 Views)

Re: [FEEDBACK] Incorrect suspect traits/Suspect doesn't show up

Hero

@WizardOfRoz

Do you maybe have a before arresting save you could share ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 50 of 166 (1,511 Views)